Cameron's Big Talk

ColinW

Looks like the bloke has changed his mind again, or told us another pile of crap about my Superannuation pension. First off he said it wont be on the " FINAL SALARY STATUS " but an average. Now he has stated it is a " FINAL SALARY STATUS ". What a joke.

Yet another untruth out of his pathetic mouth. An extra 3.6% on top of whats paid in now, for less benefits and less pension. But yet again according to the henchmen and old U TURN Cameron my pension benefits will stay the same !!!

Can I quote your signature:

"The most useless are those who never change through the years." ;)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I quote your signature:

"The most useless are those who never change through the years." ;)

Are you in the same boat as the public sector workers pal :o

Clearly a Cameron fan eh :D

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I would rather have a government with the humility to take on board criticism and change its plans than one which pig-headedly continues on a path it knows to be wrong just to avoid being accused of a U-turn.

The most nauseating phrase in politics is "it would send out the wrong message", used as justification for pursuing a bad policy to look big.

Are you in the same boat as the public sector workers pal :o

Clearly a Cameron fan eh :D

In the same boat as the public sector workers? no, not exactly. I have never had a final salary pension.

My private pension was plundered by Gordon Brown years ago ;)

Am I a Cameron fan? When I recollect his predecessors oh yes. Oh yes, yes yes B)

Boo Hiss. Those nasty public servants have a final salary pension scheme.

A lot of people in my office (about 25% of the staff) have a maximum salary of fractionally over £14,000. After 40 years of service that would give them a £7000 a year pension - Less on a Pro Rata basis if they haven't done a full 40 years. Not that much really is it ?

In my own case, I signed a contract 26 years ago that I knew at the time would give me a lower salary and worse prospects than friends entering the private sector (I wasn't wrong) but part of that deal was the pension scheme. Now, after 26 years of work, government announce that they are changing the age from which my pension will be paid so that it isn't going to start paying out until seven years after my original contract said it would. In effect, I'm having well in excess of £60,000 stolen from me - and that's not even taking into account the effect that a five year pay freeze has on a final salary scheme. In essence, my pension scheme was miss-sold and I am not a happy bunny.

Been listening to the radio this afternoon and most of the focus has been on the teachers with the government spokesmen making much of the supposed £500,000 pension pot available to them. Sounds impressive and hard to justify that one - right up until you realise that to get it, the teacher in question would have to retire at 60 with 40 years service (almost impossible for a graduate) and live until they are 105.

There's a lot BS in the air at the moment but the immediate effect is going to be a lot of public servants aged over 60 are going to jump ship and take their retirement immediately (can't stop paying it once its in place) and even if the government do a U turn on pensions for existing staff, that's going to save the treasury a small fortune in redundancy payments when they come to restructure public services to make further cuts.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

In the same boat as the public sector workers? no, not exactly. I have never had a final salary pension.

My private pension was plundered by Gordon Brown years ago ;)

Am I a Cameron fan? When I recollect his predecessors oh yes. Oh yes, yes yes B)

Sour grapes me thinks.

A five year pay freeze and a further 3.4% loss in your in your monthly salary for public sector workers. The only winners yet again are the MPs, their pensions remain untouched, and who voted for that, ermmm let me enlighten you, yeah your hero Mr U Turn and his henchmen. No 5 year pay freeze for them and a final salary pension. Hurrah for Mr U Turn

The FINAL SALARY pension are being stripped from public sector workers by your hero.

I take it that its ok for Mr U Turn and his henchmen to steal vast sums like KenL's £60k then is it.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Sour grapes? not at all.

I long ago gave up relying on the government for a job, income or pension.

As for being a Cameron fan, that is only in comparison to the lying thieving hypocritical scumbags that formed the previous government ;)

Sour grapes me thinks.

A five year pay freeze and a further 3.4% loss in your in your monthly salary for public sector workers. The only winners yet again are the MPs, their pensions remain untouched, and who voted for that, ermmm let me enlighten you, yeah your hero Mr U Turn and his henchmen. No 5 year pay freeze for them and a final salary pension. Hurrah for Mr U Turn

The FINAL SALARY pension are being stripped from public sector workers by your hero.

I take it that its ok for Mr U Turn and his henchmen to steal vast sums like KenL's £60k then is it.

Courtesy of Gordon Brown who raped private pensions without a manifesto commitment to do so, I'm in position where, instead of retuiring last year at 55 as planned and budgetted for, I will have to work until I'm 67.

At least the pain isn't all one-sided. We can only blame ourselves for not having voted decisively.... or for having voted Brown in! :P

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Sour grapes? not at all.

I long ago gave up relying on the government for a job, income or pension.

As for being a Cameron fan, that is only in comparison to the lying thieving hypocritical scumbags that formed the previous government ;)

I notice you live in France ! do you pay your taxes in this country ?

“Vescere bracis meis”

I notice you live in France ! do you pay your taxes in this country ?

Why would I?