centerpin or not???

BIGMAN

The prices for Masterline/JW Youngs centrepins at Devon Angling Centre seem very good. A new Trudex for £100 against an RRP of £150 or a Purist for £150 against £225. I've not seen them cheaper.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that depends on what fish you want to catch, what type of water you are fishing, what method you use etc. etc.

A 'Pin can be used with just about any rod - just use what you would use in the same situation with a fixed-spool.

For example: Trotting? Use your normal float rod.

Margin fishing for carp? Use a short to medium range carp rod.

You get the idea.

What sort of fishing did you have in mind with your 'pin?

wotawoppa:

Thats a shame Chris they are a good reel, do you have one?

No, but I've just learnt that my Witcher is nearly finished. What's the betting I don't get my mits on it before the 14th March? :rolleyes:

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

If you can find one you can get browning revolvers for under £180 and they're lovely to use..curse Mr Roe it's all his fault. Like gray, somedays I just find myself sat spinning it thinking of summer mornings with the mist rising off the river, a few fish trotting and a pint of bait hung round my kneck............ahhhhhhh!!!

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

You can't go far wrong with a Lewtham Engineering, Leeds (The one Leon uses). Very moderately priced, £50 ish and very reliable. I use mine more than any other of my pins. Ideal for a beginner, or someone who gets a bit muddy from time to time (Like me)

I've also got an Adcock, but the Lewtham spins better.

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

phil dean:

If you can find one you can get browning revolvers for under £180 and they're lovely to use

Revolvers are all sold out - they still do the slightly cheaper Rotator though - about £100 to £120 or so.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Originally posted by Dunk Fairley:

I've also got an Adcock, but the Lewtham spins better. [/quote

Really? I set my Adcock off in a fast spin, lay it on the table, go through and make a cup of tea (1st things first) and leave it to cool, make love to the wife, read Des Taylor in AT, drink my tea and go back to find the reel is still spinning? Are you going to tell me that with a Lewtham that you could clean the car as well before it stops?

P.S. The Lewthams look a tad rough round the edges but they work really well, greatly underated reels.