Angler attacked

Tony 1

Taken form my local paper, many of you who come to Devon may have fished here or spent a day at this spot.

I know I may get a slagging for this, but as someone who can look after himself I wish I was around when they kicked off

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/displayNode....ntentPK=8464989

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

Peter posted

quote:

And what happens if the man had defended himself?

An appearance in court thats what happens Peter :mad:

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

Tony C:

Peter posted

quote:

And what happens if the man had defended himself?

An appearance in court thats what happens Peter :mad:
A day in court and the possible consequences would not bother me one iota :) at least I would have had the satisfaction of knowing that at least one of the yobs had a couple of days in hospital :D

A fishing rod butt can make a formidable weapon/deterrent.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

I know its sea fishing but over the past 12 months I have had seen both ends of things like this. I normally fish on the lower walk north of Gynn Square in Blackpool. Recently a group of 13-16 yerar olds have started pelting us from the upper promenade with stones and water filled balloons (at least I hope its water). It dosnt matter how much you try to reason with them you just get a load of verbals. My car has been hit on two occaisions, luckily by water bombs and a soggy toilet roll and no damage has been done but it is annoying.

About 6 months ago I was fishing on the beach at Fleetwood. It was 10.30pm and dark. I was on my own on the beach about 100 yards away from the promenade when I was approached by a group of youths. All were shouting loudly and the majority had cans of beer/lager. I was genuinly worried and my filleting knife went up my sleeve(just in case) They came over to me. You can guess what I'm thinking by this stage. They sat down, started asking me questions about what I was catching and sea fishing in general and were genuinly interested. They spent about 20 minutes with me and wished me good night and good luck and went back to the prom

Just shows you how wrong you can sometimes be!

[ 14. January 2004, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Ian Bass ]