are maggots getting cheaper or not

fishtec1312

ive been using this shop,were i get on with the bit s and bobs,a small few items were bought,new spool ,line and a few words asking were the chub and dace remain in largenumbers.so i saked him what will take for 10pts,£33.20p,you will pay what his on the items and any multiples,his it just me but we allways do a deal over a gallon,later i found out,but he allways been like this ,he would give you a deal......the small tackle shops are sruggling ,but you can buy maggots on ebay.one thing wiih maggots the have ]allways kept the same.small tackle shops are not to sell majorpeices of tackle like rods reels.but i go with a rod and feel it on the blank,this you cant do on a email brocher,and young and up and coming anglers need to hang around listening,alan sherwood was tha man,growing up on the though shcool of the northern canel club waters.my question is were are these future world champion,its all carp or barbel.i took my son out on the stick,he told me after i had played with sotting patern throughout the day,no i think its not about carp fishing,a quolity to be able to reed the water even lakes,this is why i buy books,and dvd only on toni miles,if i died and only had quarter of his knoledge

ive been using this shop,were i get on with the bit s and bobs,a small few items were bought,new spool ,line and a few words asking were the chub and dace remain in largenumbers.so i saked him what will take for 10pts,£33.20p,you will pay what his on the items and any multiples,his it just me but we allways do a deal over a gallon,later i found out,but he allways been like this ,he would give you a deal......the small tackle shops are sruggling ,but you can buy maggots on ebay.one thing wiih maggots the have ]allways kept the same.small tackle shops are not to sell majorpeices of tackle like rods reels.but i go with a rod and feel it on the blank,this you cant do on a email brocher,and young and up and coming anglers need to hang around listening,alan sherwood was tha man,growing up on the though shcool of the northern canel club waters.my question is were are these future world champion,its all carp or barbel.i took my son out on the stick,he told me after i had played with sotting patern throughout the day,no i think its not about carp fishing,a quolity to be able to reed the water even lakes,this is why i buy books,and dvd only on toni miles,if i died and only had quarter of his knoledge

fishtec,

A neophyte on fishing maggots. Don't misunderstand, I have plenty of experience with maggots - just not as fishing bait. So - - - - my question.

How do/would you keep 10 pints from hatching before you would use them?

Seems it would be a 'ell of a chore putting a fly on a hair??

Phone

fishtec,

A neophyte on fishing maggots. Don't misunderstand, I have plenty of experience with maggots - just not as fishing bait. So - - - - my question.

How do/would you keep 10 pints from hatching before you would use them?

Seems it would be a 'ell of a chore putting a fly on a hair??

Phone

Keen British anglers have a spare refrigerator and/or freezer in the garage just for bait. At 4 degrees C maggots don't progress into chrysalids, though they do shrink with time and after ten days they are very tough and shrivelled.

my question is were are these future world champion,its all carp or barbel.

And what is so wrong with it being all Carp and Barbel?

Do we really need world champions, I kind of think it would be rather nice to have no exceptional talented match anglers around. It would be so nice if the out dated practice of match fishing just drifted away to free up more waters for specimen or pleasure fishing.

If only the Angling Trust would campaign to have all match fishing removed from lakes and rivers and moved back up north to some canals they might even tempt me to join. The South East of England should be designated a match free zone and any one seen carrying a pole should be deported north of Watford to live out there life with a cloth cap and whippet.

Why is so wrong for some one to want to go fishing for Carp with out serving an apprenticeship on the whip catching Gudgeon and Roach first. I used to use an old piece of cane that I nicked from Mr Brown's runner bean frame once I seen him pack up to go home from the allotment. Could not afford real line and so had to unpick the darn from an old sock :rolleyes:

When I was a lad, I only dreamed of catching those Carp. It was 20 year before I caught my first one and that was on boiled spud. Yeah and kids used to be forced up chimneys to clean them. Blah Blah Blah

We don't need Roach, poles, maggots, Dace, jumpers for goal posts, cane rods, match hooks, tobacco tins, quill floats, micro shot, white caps, seat box's, red or blue clothes and were certainly can do with out World Champions. We are British after all, the idea of us being World Champions at anything is just ludicrious :D

Edited by Dales

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

And what is so wrong with it being all Carp and Barbel?

Do we really need world champions, I kind of think it would be rather nice to have no exceptional talented match anglers around. It would be so nice if the out dated practice of match fishing just drifted away to free up more waters for specimen or pleasure fishing.

If only the Angling Trust would campaign to have all match fishing removed from lakes and rivers and moved back up north to some canals they might even tempt me to join. The South East of England should be designated a match free zone and any one seen carrying a pole should be deported north of Watford to live out there life with a cloth cap and whippet.

Why is so wrong for so me one to want to go fishing for Carp with out serving an apprenticeship on the whip catching Gudgeon and Roach first. I used to use an old piece of cane that I nicked from Mr Brown's runner bean frame once I seen him pack up to go home from the allotment. Could not afford real line and so had to unpick the darn from an old sock :rolleyes:

When I was a lad, I only dreamed of catching those Carp. It was 20 year before I caught my first one and that was on boiled spud. Yeah and kids used to be forced up chimneys to clean them. Blah Blah Blah

We don't need Roach, poles, maggots, Dace, jumpers for goal posts, cane rods, match hooks, tobacco tins, quill floats, micro shot, white caps, seat box's, red or blue clothes and were certainly can do with out World Champions. We are British after all, the idea of us being World Champions at anything is just ludicrious :D

At last

A serious and in depth look at angling as it really is.

The AT should take you on as a consultant.

Well said ;)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I admire your persistence Stephen, I really do. I'm sorry to say that the bait still isn't quite tempting enough yet. But 8 out of 10 for effort. :thumbs::P

John. (A Northern ex match angler, with flat cap, but no whippet).

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

John. (A Northern ex match angler, with flat cap, but no whippet).

That's no good, I always thought the Whippets was the best thing about coming from the north, well that and the John Smith's Bitter :D

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

That's no good, I always thought the Whippets was the best thing about coming from the north, well that and the John Smith's Bitter :D

Ee lad, thas gettin the'sel in a reet muddle. I'm a Tyke, and terrier were t'mutt of choice on this side of t'ill. I'm told that whippets were t'other side.

Sadly now you're more likely to meet a Staffie cross, than any other dog. They're the canine equivalent of carp, bloody everywhere! :D

John.

PS. John Smiths bitter is one of those beers (like Sam Smiths) if you get a good one it's very good, :drunk: but if you get a bad one, it's bloody awful. :yucky:

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John