31 people rescued by Exmouth RNLI when fishing charter breaks down

Elton

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in this 10 knot tide they had a home made wire anchor for a 50' boat, not really supprised it drifted into a marker bouy btw. Lucky for the passengers, as with the weather closing in they could have ended up anywhere. Is that the reason not to have a decent anchor? Do they have an anchor winch, don't look like it.

Have they got a different code compared with charter boats?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

They dont fish in the main channel baz.

They go the other side of a bank called the "pole sands" hardly any tidal moment there. In two hours we barely moved. :)

Thank you for that captain, this makes my keeping on even more important as far a i can see regarding the sea and safty. Again the question i still have is are they coded differently. I would have thought that a rather large number of novis general public aboard the regs really should be a lot more stringent. Yes i know they are not out far, blady blah, yet when something does go wrong it could be very bad . I'm just thinking of the things that could have gone wrong with that boat in that situation. Even i have taken my kids aboard these types of angling boats and i am amazed with regards to the amount they can get aboard compared with a coded charter boat. I think it needs looking at.

There was an instance this year, on par with what happend to those people and this was with experianced guys aboard. We were 25 mile out having a nice day down devon early this year, our skipper was monitoring the radio like they do, There was a private boat out, two aboard, the owner and a commercial fisherman on a jolly for the day. One of the belts snapped, didn't have a spare and so they were drifting in or near the shipping channel. We heard that they didn't even have an anchor, so they couldn't do the right thing, and after a while a freindly charter skipper caught up with them and lent them a spare anchor, chain and warp. Guess what, wrong, bet you didn't think this would happen. They threw the anchor, chain and warp over, guess what, :D they forgot to tie it off, lost the lot they did. Fortunatly it was a nice day, so they were busy drifting down the channel, our skipper was speaking to them on a regular basis and got them to tie something or other around the pullys to make a makeshift belt and this was doing the trick in so far as they could restart the engine and make port very slowly. So we ended up stopping angling and went to their aid and gave them a tow home.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Sounds like fun! :lol: When we were on it there were about 20 people maybe. It took about 15 mins to get to the mackerel, it was only about 8-10 metres deep i remember.

Was good fun and my daughter had a great time. She took great delight in seeing how the fish were killed and filleted... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sounds like fun! :lol: When we were on it there were about 20 people maybe. It took about 15 mins to get to the mackerel, it was only about 8-10 metres deep i remember.

Was good fun and my daughter had a great time. She took great delight in seeing how the fish were killed and filleted... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yup she sounds like a nicley balanced up and coming sadist, just like my daughter. :lol:

i got chased by a cow today (it ran off every time i faced it) its mum (the baby is 3 years old ish ) had a prolapse so i cut through their field to find the farmer ,i presume the youngster was concerned and got protective ,does that mean i can wear cow ears and a skin tight suite with sequins? fresh out of pointy things so i guess i will just be a runner rather than a bull basher more meat on dexters than those scrawny bull ring ones though but slower ,dexters act cool very little running in their lives

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Wondering if it's coded differently compared with a charter boat. Both are passenger carrying vessels, yet the charter boats are limited to twelve max.

During the summer you see a few of these boats carrying families out to do a bit of ,mackerel fishing and they appear to get on as many as possible.

This report stated that it's anchor wasn't holding. Looking at the foto Leon put up, no self respecting charter boat would rely on an anchor that was on the bow of that boat. Yes i know it doesn't anchor to fish for mackerel, but when it is needed you would expect them to have one thats fit for purpose. Does it have a winch?

That's not the anchor it is a grappling iron used for boarding life boats :D:rolleyes:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

That's not the anchor it is a grappling iron used for boarding life boats :D:rolleyes:

Between us i think we have sussed it Ken. It's part of their MOB system. :thumbs:

Because they have so many crew aboard, they can retrieve one on each prong. :lol:

sorry couldn't help meself.

Edited by barry luxton