Not true?

Phone

Kansas City Star Newspaper - Wed. August 31

"In January, Alison Murray purchansed her first-ever home, in Aberdeen, Scotland, but was informed in August that she had to relocate because the house has become infested with bats, which cannot be disturbed, under EU law, once the settle in. Conservation officials advised her that she could probably have her house back in November, when the bats leave to hibernate."

Say it ain't so !!

Phone

its technically illegal to even know you have bats at all as you need a licence to "disturb" them ,if the bats are settled they will probably hibernate there. When i say "technically" they hide away very nicely so you probably only realise you have them when you disturb them

not a problem living in a house with bats a fair amount of people do and never know

http://www.bats.org.uk/pages/existing_buildings.html

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

No it is true, and it's not an EU Law, it's a Scottish one. Bats have been protected in Scotland since at least 1981, long before the EU jumped on the bandwagon.

Nor was she "forced" to leave her home, she left because she was squeamish and doesn't like bats. When I was a nipper we had bats in our loft too. Never bothered us. Just block up any holes so that they can't get into the house and the jobs a good un.

When they did eventually leave the attic did reek a bit, but luckily it never made the house smell. The resulting guano worked a treet on the roses and rhubarb.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

When the guy opposite me decided that he wanted to build another house in his garden, we were asked if we had any objections. Since there was a large tree that would need cutting down to accommodate the building, my objection was that the tree served as a summer roost for the local bats. He had to scale down his plans and built two small flats instead. The tree is still there, but was pruned a bit.

The local authorities would not risk disturbing anything that involved bats.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

blimey i hope the council dont cotton on too much ,not emptying the bins because bats "may" be roosting in all the lorries could save a bit more money for the mayor to drink crystal champers with his cronies

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

blimey i hope the council dont cotton on too much ,not emptying the bins because bats "may" be roosting in all the lorries could save a bit more money for the mayor to drink crystal champers with his cronies
Just move to Southampton mate, I don't think we've seen a bin lorry for about 6 weeks.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

:D spent an hour today after it was empty ridding it of maggots ,tiny blighter's not even useful ones

probably the skin of the bass fillets we had the other day ,i was right tilapia tastes better ,now the crayfish will get the bass we get the cray fish bait :D

Edited by chesters1

"tilapia tastes better"

Tilapia doesn't taste hardly at all. I think it has to rank as the most boring eating fish I know of unless its spiced so that you can't tell what fish you are eating.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

i always steam fish and never ever put any posh gravy on it i can tell you tilapia are better than bass in the selection i bought :D

not sure any nude fish is worth more than that

freeze it to hell and microwave it further ,the mrs tried steaming it in an actual steamer! a rather adventurous bit of cooking if i say so

you can freeze more or less anything but scotch eggs are strange eating after ,they gain a strange rubber mackintosh around the egg

i eat food to live i don't need taste to spoil something i need to do as fast as possible ,i bought a vacuum bag sealer thing ,bung it in a bag ,freeze it solid and microwave it from frozen ,chesters way ,the above never got vacuumised its cray bait or was

from bats to mouth brooders what a thread :D

down to about ten of each the tilapia only lasts 3 days in the traps it falls apart the bass a little longer as its got skin

Edited by chesters1