Polarised Glasses

Elton

I think most anglers would agree that polarised glasses are essential,but how do you get yours clean when they get filthy with fish snot, coffee,groundbait etc.

My method is under a running tap with a bit of neat w/u liquid,but is there a better or potentially less damaging method?

Rich si:

.... the brown tri acetate lensens, popped down the lake last night and wasnt to impresses, I think I could see more without them! ....

Welcome to AN. But, errrr, they do lots better in daytime than at night.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Ooooooooh, Thats funny.

Someone tested out sunglasses at night. LOL

It is a must to wear good quality sunglasses if you spend any time on the water.

One thing I have noticed about pros here in the states, is most of them have what we call "crows feet" near their eyes. (wrinkles on the outside edge of the eyes) This is likely caused by the frequent squinting of the eyes trying to not only see into the water but to also just reduce the amount of sun in the eyes.

My advice is to get the best pair you can afford.

JT Bagwell

Contact me any time: Facebook.com/Bagwell or Facebook.com/BagwellsBassTactics or Twitter.com/JeremiahBagwell

dunno about that JTB , shades are easily damaged/ broken /lost. Buying an expensive set might not be your best option. Especially since in some cases , you are paying for the name , not the quality of build /end product. I bought a pair of clip ons costing near £30 from the optix range and they are in no way better than the masterline ones (£10) or the specsavers ones(£6) i now have. In fact they were worse , as they only fit 1 type of glasses and don't flip up. Worst buy in terms of fishing kit i've ever made. Caveat emptor !

And while we are on the subject of sunglass's, Did you know that you can polish out any minor scratches with metal polish,

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Rich si - I figured that was what you meant but just couldn't resist reacting to what you wrote. Just my evil streak popping out. :D

Amber will work any time. Not as good in really bright sunlight as smoke/gray but I'm not sure the UK gets much of what I'd call bright sunlight so amber is very possibly a better overall color over there than here.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President