Asylum Seekers 'Gassed' Our Fish!!!

Gaffer

From early reports it would appear that six asylum seekers visited my local water and were seen to release gas from a gas cylinder into the water via a hose. Hundreds of fish have surfaced (dead) and there are visible signs of a de-scaling procedure in certain swims. :mad:

They have left bream up to 7lbs, dead in the margins, so heaven knows what they actually took. Judging by some of the scales it looks like some of the big carp have been victims. :( :mad:

They were witnessed by a club member who felt too intimidated to complain directly, but did inform the committee as soon as he could. Patroling bailiffs missed the six men by some 5 minutes.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaffer:

From early reports it would appear that six asylum seekers visited my local water and were seen to release gas from a gas cylinder into the water via a hose. Hundreds of fish have surfaced (dead) and there are visible signs of a de-scaling procedure in certain swims. :mad:

They have left bream up to 7lbs, dead in the margins, so heaven knows what they actually took. Judging by some of the scales it looks like some of the big carp have been victims. :( :mad:

They were witnessed by a club member who felt too intimidated to complain directly, but did inform the committee as soon as he could. Patroling bailiffs missed the six men by some 5 minutes. :(

B@$T@RD$! :mad: :mad:

Has the unknown toxin been identified yet? And is there any other risk to wildlife?

Surely possesion of something like that should be strictly limited?

I hope that they are quickly caught and dealth with severely!

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

This also happened at a Club lake in Dartford ,Kent.

There were 12 of them and the EA weren,t interested (10pm midweek), the Police "couldn,t send anyone straight away".

By the time they appeared, the "perpetrators" had disappeared with carrier bags of carp to 10 lbs.

When mullet fishing our local pier, we frequently have to ask the Chinese gentlemen, to remove some of the handlines they are dangling all round the pier, so we can fish.

They also get very upset, when we won,t give them our mullet and insist on returning them to the water.

Different cultures, etc....... :(

Without wishing to be accused of any ....ism or, ....phobia, these are the ones you hear, or know about.

How many other instances are there ?

[ 17. September 2003, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Cranfield ]

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

There is a gent from Albania who fishes my local reservoir. I met him when he approached to see the Pike I had just landed. He was horrifed when I returned the fish but he did look a little embarrassed when I asked why he was upset by my actions.

The man explained that Pike and Perch were the first fish he recognised worth catching. He also explained that he was completely broke simply because he was trying to push a legitimate claim and his benefits had been stalled until a descision had been made. He was dressed quite poorly and his shoes were literally falling off his feet so I had no reason to doubt him.

He was looking for a fish for the pot and he even offered what meagre moneys he had if I caught him another. He had about £1.28 on him :( .

I said I couldn't do that but I did give him a ciggy and a little advice since he did have a fishing rod at least and he was interested. I explained a little about the ecology of the water and explained that there would be little harm in taking 1 or 2 Jacks from time to time but the bigger fish must be returned.

He thanked me like I had given him a house when I gave him a few spinning traces and some homemade lures and off he went much happier to show his kids.

I've since met this fellow on a number of occasions and he always stops to say

"Hallo Awndee. Yo-are catcheeng feesh today..yessss? I have no luck today...you would like a ceegarette...yesss?...I am better at catcheeng the feesh now but I have none today. I am not lucky like you are"

He's a pretty nice bloke and by all accounts he used to be quite a productive businessman but things at home have left him in another country. He has sorted his claim and is no longer on the brink of starvation but he still throws a line.

I find it a shame that some folk are pushed to this kind of level and this bloke was clearly suffering but he still wanted to catch a fish with a rod and line. That's alright in my book.

The blokes that cleaned out a whole stretch of river cannot be of the same ilk :mad: .

P.A.A.S.gif

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

no good phoning the police to say people taking fish .perhaps a report of a potential breach of the peace would get a better reaction.

most stations have a wildlife officer get in touch with him/her and build a repport far more likely to get something done.

do not confront people direct if something happened is it worth a stretch inside ?.

gaffer hope you can get somthing done if we can help with airation equipment or whatever let me know .cheers big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

big al:

no good phoning the police to say people taking fish .perhaps a report of a potential breach of the peace would get a better reaction.

Tell the police that you think they are carrying a gun, or tell the police that you are going to shoot them. That should get some action.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net