What did this?

Anderoo

Gents - I'm really hoping the pi33 taking comments that have crept into this topic are just friends having a mild go at each other. If so, better done by email since not everyone will know the comments are friendly. If not, please take it elsewhere.

Interesting topic here so lets not destroy it by taking pot shots at each other.

Newt, rabbits post is a propper wind up to get a response from me as usual.

Hey rabbit, I thought you'd put me on ignore ?

Rabbit, do as Newt says and pm me instead of the digs on the forum, you scared or summot :lol: :lol: .

Edited by Tigger

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The cormorant in question may also have had a malformed lower bill which would enhance the wound as well.

Not uncommon in cormorants oops, Black River Parrots!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Not uncommon in cormorants oops, Black River Parrots!

:D:D:D:thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Newt, rabbits post is a propper wind up to get a response from me as usual.

Hey rabbit, I thought you'd put me on ignore ?

Rabbit, do as Newt says and pm me instead of the digs on the forum, you scared or summot :lol: :lol: .

Is teme_man really our rabbit?

If so and I do not care how you found out, but I for one would very much like him to declare himself as I did enjoy rabbit,s contribution immensely and he should not be afraid to come forward with his history on the site,which was informative, interesting, and of course provocative. :D

Edit for spelling

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

A good tactic medwaygreen, to flush the rabbit out of cover so I can shoot it. :D :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Reckon its one of my ex live baits!

Im interestred that several knowledgable people have said Cormmorant. Most of the BRP damage Ive seen has been long vertical scars. Is this though because the majority Ive seen has been on trout in growing pens where the BRP stab them through the netting and this piercing is what is more common in the wild?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Reckon its one of my ex live baits!

Im interestred that several knowledgable people have said Cormmorant. Most of the BRP damage Ive seen has been long vertical scars. Is this though because the majority Ive seen has been on trout in growing pens where the BRP stab them through the netting and this piercing is what is more common in the wild?

I don't know Budgie. I've seen lots of different types of fish damage locally and most is easy to spot (failed otter attacks are an easy one, for example). This intrigued me though as I had a few perch with exactly the same thing.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Androo,

I wasn't kidding. From the pictures I can't tell if those are external wounds. It is easy to tell the difference but not from the picture. Since you saw the fish what do you think?

Phone

Pterosaurs mate. They're making a comeback.

More likely than Eagles round Anderoos neck of the woods anyway.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

THinking more about this, I'm tending towards blaming a zander. The only time I've seen this type of wound, they always appeared in two's and zander were to blame: the culprit may well have been a (large) zander with a big mouth, where only a single tooth penetrated, or a smaller one that did not grab the perch too well.

I realise that it's been stated that there are no zander in there ... there were no carp in my local river either ... until somebody caught one (and this was close to 40 years ago, well before commercials as we know them existed!) ... and no pike either until a local club member pulled out 3 inside of 4 weeks, each in excess of 20lbs in weight!

There are no catfish in local waters either! ;):D