what are disadvantages of a boat

davidbyrne046

For lure angling - none that I can think of and quite a few advantages.

For fishing a static bait - if the water is rough or the weather windy, you can never really hold the boat perfectly steady and your bait will move around some. Can be either advantage or disadvantage depending on the fish's mood at the time.

That being said, I much prefer a boat for most all my fishing. When you are pricing things, be sure to include a good electric motor (40lb thrust is good) and a good echo sounder.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Ive just upgraded my wooden boat to a very nice basstender.

The advantages are too any to list, as for the disadvantages.

Finding somewhere to keep it.

paying mooring.

OR towing it everywhere.

Remembering to charge the batteries for your elec motor :rolleyes:

rowing when your battery dies because you spent too long out on the water :)

i will probably think of more later

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!

All of the above and a lot, lot more!!

But at least it's somewhere to sleep when you get home late!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

The disadvantage is in having somewhere to keep it when not on the water. The advantage is being able to hunt the fish rather than sit and wait for them to come to you. I have just had two great night's bream fishing, as the shoals moved I moved. Bivvies baaaaaaa, boats ummmmmmmmmm!!!

quote:

But at least it's somewhere to sleep when you get home late!!

we used to have a couple of inflatable boats both about ten feet long and very cheap , we used them off bognor for sea fishing (no only silly people encourage this ..........go on, go on) we used to go out about a mile or so or hang about the rocks to the west of the pier , at night between the holiday camp and the yuaght club there used to be a collection of train cariages and other "huts" but behind the sea wall and infront of them was a triangle of grass, this was our bedroom if it was fine we slept on the overturned boats (very comfy) if it rained under them :D

we had other bedrooms on the south coast but the best one was the dunes on the west side of the river at littlehampton our boats took us to many places :D not much pike fishing went on though

[ 25. June 2003, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Disadvantages that I can think of:

Lack of access - the majority of waters won't let you on.

Lack of launch sites

Licence & insurance

Preparation time - no such things as a quick hour after dinner unless the boat is permenantly moored

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

davidP:

Disadvantages that I can think of:.....

Preparation time - no such things as a quick hour after dinner unless the boat is permenantly moored

Boat stays parked at my house - on it's trailer. Most gear on board. So ....

Hook to truck - 4 minutes.

Drive to lake - same as w/o boat.

Launch - 4-5 minutes unless there is a line waiting to do the same.

Run to fishing spot at 30mph rather than walking speed.

If you can do a quick hour without the boat, you can do a quick 50 minutes with the boat and probably catch more fish if you are lure angling.

And if the swim you want is very far from the parking area, quicker to get there by water than walking.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President