barbel fishing

ellis88

can anyone recommend any must have baits when barbel fishing. me and a few mates (including ben88) are going to bridgnorth to visit the severn and are quite open to using different bats. we have found luncheon meat quite successful but i was wondering what else is quite effective.

thanks

SLAYER!!!!!!!!

Hi Ellis,

Meat can be fished in many forms and ways and will always catch barbel, but anything else mostly depends on what the most popular bait is on the venue that you intend to fish.

Not to say that you should use the most popular bait, but it will give you some idea what the barbel recognize as a regular food source.

Both pellets and boilies catch barbel if they are being used on the venue.

I would go with a good fish meal boilie if you intend to use them.

Try just a simple hair rig with a PVA stocking filled with the micro pellet, with three or four hook pellets or boilies in, if you go down that road.

Worms, bread, Cheese, etc. will also catch on their day, as will maggot and casters. All depends on how you fish.

I have had quite a bit of success this season using a method feeder, with paste wrapped boilie or pellet on the hook.

Hope this helps,

………….Liam

"Wisdom is the knowledge of how little we know"

Barbelangler.co.uk

Hi Ellis, try some of that new Pepperami that's out, it's in a black packet, called fire something or other. I tried it the other week and nearly had my rod taken out of my hands a couple of times !

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

trigga boilies and paste are no.1 in my book.

agree with budgie tho hemp is a brillaint attractor,never really blows as a bait...as long as you dont use massive beds of it they wont be to wary about it.

also pepperami in the colder months is a good bet as jedibond has said.

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Good advice on baits, so can't really add anything there. But do keep an eye on temperature, that will be the crucial factor at this time of the year.

Rivercall 0906 619 7744 (then press 1 for the Severn) not only gives water levels but water temp too.

Check out my weekly Angling Journal at.....Stewart Bloor's Angling Journal

"Regardless of wether Im using maggot,caster,meat or pellet I wouldnt dream of going barbel fishing without a bucket of hemp!"

Bingo! Hemp and Halibut pellets

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

yup hemp and halibut pellets for me, i have caught on maggot, corn and meat this season, but not with the same consistency as P+H

i had my first double a couple of months ago using it, 10lb 15 oz on the taff.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道