Phone the EA hotline and report pollution...

Tigger

I was walking the dog today and couldn't help but notice the larg'ish stream running into the local river was a flurecent greeny blue colour and there was patches of bubbles on the surface. Where it enterd the river it turned the river the same colour but less vivid. I phoned the EA on my mobile but after keeping me on hold for about three quids worth of credit they cut me off ! I phoned my wife and asked her to phone the EA hotline and tell them about it right away. I told her to tell them I would wait here and show them where it was. Anyhow she phoned them only to be told they where busy (most likely on ebay/ facebook and drinking tea next to the radiator) and it would be won't be today when they come out but sometime within the next few days !!

They're quick enough to take your money but not very quick when they are needed to sort out what could be (yet again) a major pollution incident...not good.

Its not on the same river I am thinking of is it Ian?

That's the one m8. I didn't see any dead fish but you wouldn't with the water being so coloured, unless they where on the surface and alot of the time they just roll along the bottom or mid water.

That's the one m8. I didn't see any dead fish but you wouldn't with the water being so coloured, unless they where on the surface and alot of the time they just roll along the bottom or mid water.

What an absolute sh!tter. Its only 2 and a half years since the last bout! What is the bloody point in them coming out in a few days time to 'investigate'. The colour etc will have gone by then and if there is a heavy rain all the pollutant and dead fish will get carried off anyway. I really hope it isn't as bad as you say it looks, it would be a real shame. I have been really enjoying getting down there for short sessions. I was planning on having a go with some drop shotting gear on there for the perch as well. I bet it is the same culprits as last time. You will have to keep me updated if you hear anything from them mate. I might take a walk down on saturday to have a look for myself.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Tigger,

Did you trace the source? In the US a citizen (everyday type) can file an complaint with the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency). A "single" eye witness is plenty of "proof". A water sample, time and date with cell phone photo is darn near "iron clad". It is one of the few instances where the perpertrator is "guilty until proven innocent" vs the other way around.

Phone

They've never even got back to me and I'm 90 percent sure they haven't even been out to look, take samples etc...total waste of time. No wonder people don't buy the rod licence, I for one don't blame anyone who doesn't, good luck to em !

Phone, things don't work quite the same over here m8.

Did you take any photos or samples ?

Probably the best thing to do now is to contact them by e-mail, specifically stating that you want to complain about the way that they dealt with your initial phone call, their lack of response to the incident report and their failure to engage with their stakeholders (You) by getting back to you with an update.

Generally public bodies are required to monitor and respond to specific complains which is why it's so important to specifically state that you are making a complaint.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.