too late for tench

tim d

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this time of year I fish on a feeder set up filling the feeder with hemp, chopped worms and casters fishing a caster and worm cocktail over the top.

last fish I had was a 14lb carp on this rig but it works well for the winter tench too. I don't worry about overfeeding either. If they're hungry, when they do switch on, they're like hoovers and soon find your bait.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Think it needs putting into perspective.I to have caught tench in the winter,the day before xmas eve in fact.Never impossible to catch any species at any time of year.But to intentionally target Tench in the Winter and expect sucsess? No of course not.But when is winter? I certainly wouldnt class now as winter! I am sure that someone can quote a water which does produce Tincas all year on a regular basis but Im talking general here.As has been said dont let it stop you from going just broaden your aproach a little.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I got to a stage many years ago when I'd look at the weather, decided it was too windy, too hot, might rain, too bright too cold etc. We are only down here once, so never put off untill tommorrow what you can do today, then if you like it you can do it again tommorrow.

I once fished a local lake, feeding casters, as I always do when tenching, the day before the coldest april day ever recorded (that's what my diary says) and I had redworms with me, another vital bait in my book. What I did was feed casters, cut up 2 redworms to make a spider, and dunked them in Nutramino. I swear to you, those tench homed in on that smell like you wouldn't believe. I only bought the stuff out of curiosity, I was also making some paste up once and I opened the bottle to add it to the paste and my dog who was asleep by the fire was drawn to me like I had a fillet steak. I moulded some paste with it, and it STINKS but the dog wolfed half the stuff down before I could blink.

Any other comments on this stuff would be interesting. Woodz must know!

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Nutramino is a MUST HAVE for anybody tinkering into the world of paste baits, additives or boilies.

Amino acids attract animals and fish like you wouldn't believe.

Nutrabaits have got it spot on with their mix, and any cyprinid is perillous against it.

Good additive, great bait soak, and pukka in paste and boilies.

Fill them up?

If I knew how to fill Tench up then I'd make a fortune off carp anglers.

They will clear 10 kilos of bait before you even know what's happening, give them an hour or two and its gone.

If you can get hold of them use squats.

Tench love them at this time of year.

They are white and sit on the bottom as they dont wiggle very much.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Koi Carp:

The tench in my pond is still feeding well.

It must get caught alot as it is very lonely. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:P

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!