forcing people to get a licence

zappagod

Hi chaps if i had my own fishery i would not give anyone a day ticket unless an up to date licence was produced. HOW ABOUT YOU?.... In fact a water which i am a member will not let anyone join unless a full licence is produced... Also i reckon fishery owners should be prosicuted if they alow people to fish whithout a licence...... HOW ABOUT YOU...... ALL THE BEST ZAPPAGOD

It'd be a nice idea, but I'm not sure it'd be workable.

How do I buy a ticket (day or season) by post? do I have to send my licence off with the application forms ?

How about online ticket purchasing? seems to be becoming more popular these days.

To be honest I think that if there was an easy way to address the licence evasion problem, the EA would have got it sorted a long time ago.

Mat

Mat

I think it's a good idea, but I feel there should be provision in the rod licence system to allow people to try fishing without buying a licence as long as accompanied by a licence holder.

I realise this may lead to some abuse, but it the current situation has thrown up some farcical situations where a non fishing parent can be prosecuted for touching their licensed child's fishing rod. I am sure we could devise a foolproof way to allow this. It works for shotguns!

I reckon a lot of commericial fishery owners are quite happy to rake in the dosh without such complications?

How often have you been to a site where the owner or baliff takes your money and does not give you a reciept, ticket or even record the transaction?

I think all fisheries and tackle shops selling tickets should refuse to do so unless a licence is produced.(OK 'distance selling' would not be covered - maybe it should).

Re ' trying angling' the EA issue 'block permits' to clubs if they wish to run 'open days' (for Free!!!!!)

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Hi All,

I don't think that you should be able to buy your club ticket without a license, or a day ticket for that matter.

I do think that it would be a good idea to include a couple of one day license tickets on everyones license though, valid only if filed in and dated when checked. I feel that it would help to introduce newcomers to fishing and give everyone the chance to do so.

..........Liam

"Wisdom is the knowledge of how little we know"

Barbelangler.co.uk

i used to fish at a place (a1 pits) that insisted on seeing your licence before they'd sell you a day or season ticket, but its the only place i've ever seen or heard of that happening. i agree there should be more of it.

i fish a place in Deal where you have to show your license or get chased of by one rather rugged looking farmer and a 12 bore. Anyone who holds a license can ask to see someone elses so why cant the thoughtfull amongst us ask others for theres?

Visit our NEW FISHING Website (now updatedANGLERS-TALES

Unfortunately I don't like to drink lake water, (and I have some strange attachment to my facial features!), Hence I am somewhat wary of asking some types of angler to produce a licence! (I think you know the type I mean – Psssssft glugggggg burrrrpppppp bink!) :D

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.