Fair Cop, Or Rough Justice?

Elton

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overly harsh punishment.

Our system of justice in this country is just not working (going on experiences of me and friends)

i was mugged not so long back by a large group of people the same age as me, i managed to identify 2 of the muggers even gave the police names, did they recieve any form of punishment NO.

there is a skatepark in wolverhampton, where i tend to hang around, this place is plauged by one person who has robbed many people there and is known to carry a knife round with him, he has been arrested many times, the police came collecting statements, they got 8 statements in total, and cctv footage of the guy trying to rob my friends, yet he is still on the streets, let off with a slap on his dirty theiving scum bag wrists.

The officers collecting the statements even suggested that we take him into one of the surrounding subways and beat him, even they know the justice system is unfair.

now tell me that a fine of £450 is fair for just fishing with an extra rod, when theives, muggers etc get off scott free.

The system has failed.

[ 30. June 2005, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: ben88 ]

hmmmm really

The way I read Elton's article, the man was fined £125 for not having a 2nd license and charged the additional £325 for stupidity.

Stupidity for forcing the case to court (and then not showing up) which is where/why he incurred the court costs that made up the majority of what he has to pay.

[ 30. June 2005, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

In this case, Ben, the system has worked. The system appears to be failing where the police are involved. Here it was the EA, not the police. Seemingly the EA could teach the police a thing or two! Atleast, for once, the EA and the courts did their job and did it thoroughly. It is a deterant system too. Maybe this case will persuade others to buy their second licences, to respect the courts, or to stick to two rods.

Good job he didn't pull a few lost golf balls from the water while he was there, he would then have got that fine and six months as well! :) Good to see that the magistrates are well on top of things! :confused:

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

As stated by other's rules are rules and he should have had an extra licence, the fine is high compaired with more serious crimes.

But I do think that the EA should direct more of it's time and energy to catching people who fish with out any licence and should be targeting people who remove fish from waters and don't even have a licence.

I notice that there does seem to be an increase in stories of people poaching Carp, Pike etc for the pot. Why are we not hearing about cases of these people being bought to justice !

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

Guest crazyhazy

First things first - it states clearly that you are licenced to fish with 2 rods only - no excuse there! Secondly the fine - Although he deserved to be fined I think its ridiculous that he has been fined but these illegal immigrants are caught red handed stealing fish to eat etc and nothing is done about it! Perhaps he should have not produced his licence and tried their "i no understand" or "no speaky english" trick - he may have got away with it!!! Lastly - these guys who use more than 2 rods who supposedly care and look after their catch, buy unhooking mats, and stand in the water with them till they are in a fit state to return - what happens if they get a run, strike into a fish - it turns out to be a biggie and starts to drag them all over the lake, and then get another run on one of the other rods?

Big G:

Although he deserved to be fined I think its ridiculous that he has been fined but these illegal immigrants are caught red handed stealing fish to eat etc and nothing is done about it! Perhaps he should have not produced his licence and tried their "i no understand" or "no speaky english" trick

Australians can speak perfect English! But WTF has immigration got to do with the price of a bag of bloody boilies?

Chubsta hit the nail on the head - "considering the penalties people get (or rather dont get) for burglary etc, this seems a little harsh - at least he had a license!"

Guest crazyhazy

At least he had a licence!! So everyone who has a driving licence can jump in an Artic when they feel like it can they? And I'll tell you WTF its got to do with immigration!! These Ar****s get away with murder! What would you know living in the south west? And who mentioned boilies?

[ 01. July 2005, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Big G ]