Sorry, I just couldn't resist

corydoras

Many but why drink that when you have "Exhibition" on draught ?

My dad used to drink that stuff, bit sweet for my taste buds mate. McEwans scotch, yuk, you ?

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LoL sorry nothing like my accent, are you aware we all dont speak, have that accent here in the great North East, ? Take Teeside for instance, they speak with a Yorkshire accent, probably because they are closer to Yorkshire than we further up north. And the Northumbrians, way out in the sticks, they roll their Rs, unlike we further south. :lol:
Believe it or not it's not all about you Andrew. The worst thing they did was build that bloody bridge ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

i blame people travelling more than 12 miles from home

just a cotton picking moment ,barrs irn brew comes in plastic bottles the glass ones have silver lids and a deposit i think

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Believe it or not it's not all about you Andrew. The worst thing they did was build that bloody bridge ;)

Oh hell, you have just shattered my illusions mister :cry:

I thought you loved me :wub: enough to compare accentts betwixt the Mackems and Geordies. Ohhhh woe is me. :schmoll:

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

you've forgotten the master of language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGQItvUBhG4

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Oh hell, you have just shattered my illusions mister :cry:

I thought you loved me :wub: enough to compare accentts betwixt the Mackems and Geordies. Ohhhh woe is me. :schmoll:

No mate I was just trying to make the point that there are regional accents other than Scots and Welsh that some down here might have difficulties with. I couldn't find any Mackems on YouTube. If I did I would have probably posted one or two.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

i blame people travelling more than 12 miles from home

just a cotton picking moment ,barrs irn brew comes in plastic bottles the glass ones have silver lids and a deposit i think

You can still get Irn Bru in glass bottles north of the border. No deposit, and I've got no idea what colour the lids are, but you can get glass bottles.

LoL sorry nothing like my accent, are you aware we all dont speak, have that accent here in the great North East, ? Take Teeside for instance, they speak with a Yorkshire accent, probably because they are closer to Yorkshire than we further up north. And the Northumbrians, way out in the sticks, they roll their Rs, unlike we further south. :lol:

And i was pointing out that we all don't speak like that oop this neck of the woods, believe it or not.

People automatically assume because we come from the north east we all speak with that horrid accent.

I mean haway, a ya gannin doon tha toon tha neet like marra, wor lass said i hev ta put me nbest short ( shirt ) on like.

“Vescere bracis meis”

I met a guy in Southampton that could speak Xhosa, clicks and all. He is a fellow Scot, from Dunfermline but he spent quite a few years in SA and he picked it up when he was there.

And i was pointing out that we all don't speak like that oop this neck of the woods, believe it or not.

People automatically assume because we come from the north east we all speak with that horrid accent.

I mean haway, a ya gannin doon tha toon tha neet like marra, wor lass said i hev ta put me nbest short ( shirt ) on like.

I don't. I know that Mackems have a different accent from Geordies. The difference is that I don't think that the Geordie accent is 'horrid' and most Scots have little problems understanding a Geordie. Geordies are the descendants of the first Anglo Saxons to have come to these isles after the Romans left. Many Geordie words, and the way the use them are just like Saxon and Old English. For example using the word "wife" for a woman, whether she is married or not (we Scots do this too).