Maggot prices

paul.saunders

thanks for the offer Bluezulu I Was thinking about asking if somebody could do me the honours and send me some but thought that they would not travel very well. I will get hold of WMAC and see if they will do me some mail order. at £1 a pint it's got to be worth a chance even if half die

Regards

Paul.s

----------------------------------

Live for today as there might not be a tommorrow!!!

jp-tackle.co.uk

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a very friendly tackle shop that gives me maggots on a regular basis if it looks like they are not going to sell.

I have a freezer full of them at present, probably about 40 pints. They are earmarked for my bream campaign in the spring of 2005. :)

Check out my weekly Angling Journal at.....Stewart Bloor's Angling Journal

Well stewart

my local shop has cottend on to this and was selling frozen maggots for £2 a pint. so p****d of with the prices they charge i am seriously thinking of printing this page off and showing him what every one else is paying. at the end of the day he has got us over a barrel

Regards

Paul.s

----------------------------------

Live for today as there might not be a tommorrow!!!

jp-tackle.co.uk

• 7 months later...
Guest crazyhazy

Bought some Saturday gone - paid £2.20 a pint!! On a par with Tetleys smoothflow - wish i had bought the latter!

My local shop have put up price by 20p to 2.40

its now cheaper to use pellets

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I have been out of the frame for a while, buying bait. What I do know, is that, every time there was a price increase, it was always at this time of the year.

Same when you bought the weeklies. Free gifts = price increase the week after.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.