4 Muslim Women who attack a White Woman are spared Jail.

Cory on 16 January 1930 in England, Whittle submitted his first patent (granted in 1932), In my reality this is six years earlier than von Ohain.

However the patent submitted by Maxime Guillaume in 1921 is another matter ( though the technology required to build the compressors was not up to it at the time).

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cory on 16 January 1930 in England, Whittle submitted his first patent (granted in 1932), In my reality this is six years earlier than von Ohain.

However the patent submitted by Maxime Guillaume in 1921 is another matter ( though the technology required to build the compressors was not up to it at the time).

Yes,Whittle was first to patent the jet engine, but Ohain was the first to put one into an aircraft. Is that better? ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Yes,Whittle was first to patent the jet engine, but Ohain was the first to put one into an aircraft. Is that better? ;)

Cory you queried who invented the jet engine, not who first put it in an air frame, Whittle actually had his first engine up and running a full five months before von Ohain.

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

All,

According to the dictionary a "jet engine" is: the rearward exhaust of a jet of fluid or heated air and gases.

I suspect the jet engine was discovered by the first consumer of legumes, beer and popcorn in the same setting.

Phone

Yes Whittle was the first to patent the jet engine, but Ohain was the first to put one in a plane that flew.

Cory 9i think my original question was

Who invented the jet engine.

Not

Who was the first to affix it to a plane, ;)

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

jet turbine? about the 1760's ? as a bit of entertainment

a lot further back using steam

not the germans they vastly improved it though ,as my bit below says we grabbed some of the scientists america go the rest ,as for realistic production engines we invented the design which america "stole" in their usual sharing scams where they never produce anything of use

britain invented 75% of everything out there were just not very good keeping or producing it :D

heres some english ones

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Engli...and_discoveries

wheres worldwide patents when you need them :D

Quite a few Scottish and Welsh ones in there matey ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Cory 9i think my original question was

Who invented the jet engine.

Not

Who was the first to affix it to a plane, ;)

Yeah I know I got it wrong, but at least I stick my hand up in the air and say I'm wrong when I'm wrong.

Yeah I know I got it wrong, but at least I stick my hand up in the air and say I'm wrong when I'm wrong.

Not pointing the finger Cory, far from it mate. ;)

In your inevitable way you expanded the question :D

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Not pointing the finger Cory, far from it mate. ;)

In your inevitable way you expanded the question :D

Just don't go asking who invented RADAR ;)