England Actually Win.

A Worm OOE

"Are the cricket team good at fishing then??"

Well ex captains do get their own angling programmes regardless of their angling abilities.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

And no mainstream media coverage whatsoever. What a surprise. If I have to put up with golf, darts and snooker on the TV, the least they could do is cover the results.

Auntie Beeb is not exactly keen on politically incorrect sports. Something that I think this government should address.

[ 11. July 2005, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Yeah, that was my suspicion. Politically incorrect, mostly of interest to a male audience and not trendy and metropolitan.

I've used the Beeb's feedback form. Doubt anything will come of it.

[ 11. July 2005, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Steve Walker ]

Its a great shame that something we English seem to get good results on an international level at so regularly doesnt recieve a bit more acknowledgement from the media.

Im not sugesting fish by fish coverage of such events but surely a mention wouldnt be amiss?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I know as anglers that we are lethargic in these areas, but is this not where we should be harassing people like the BBC, and telling them that this is what we, as licence payers want to see/hear/be informed about?

I know the right people read and look in here that could inform us lazier anglers, where to write to to make our voices heard. Maybe a little communication from the anglers could persuade the BBC to to air more angling related stuff on the telly. You know what its like, get one channel showing something and all the rest jump on the gravy train, I mean look at what ground force and changing rooms did to television.

Does anyone think this a worthwhile exercise or do you think its a waste of time?

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet