My Record Wild brown trout from the TWEED

cannibalspinners

It's not unusual to take trout for the table; it's also not unusual to put them back. I hope that serves as a helpful summary :D Another topic spoilt by pointless arguing.

And it's not unusual for folk to have a debate, and it's not unusual for others not to. Perhaps thet serves as an equally helpful summary?

Rubbish' for who? why is debate (arguing) pointless? Given the number of posts it attracted it created a bit of interest rather than a grey 'man catches fish' thread. I enjoyed it and I suspect some ohers did too, its like the TV off switch, just opt out if it's not to your taste.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another topic spoilt by pointless arguing.

Who was it spoilt for?

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Pointless Arguing?

Never pointless to argue, it's the only way to change things, sometimes for the better too.

What a boring place any forum would be if everyone agreed with each other, and the dissenters were dismissed, there would be no point in the Forum as a place to discuss, disagree, and even learn would there?

Are we becoming such a Forum, where just a few like minded souls log on to blow smoke up each other, or do we want a vibrant place, as it was on here a few years back? ;)

I (gulp :blink: ) agree.

There, that wasn't so hard was it :nonono:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Of course if anyone wanted to read the thread they could and if they did the could see all the responses as opposed to you cherry picking a few and without the benefit of the original comment.

Your style of reply is obsessive and wearing and the usual result is the thread diminishing into a car crash. However your rather personal comments attributed to me was I felt unnecessary and rather did it for me, and in an instant any respect I had for you diminished, you were out of order.

To remind you the OP posted up a eight year old photograph of a trout that he had despatched, and indeed there had been controversy about the killing with other Anglers as he admitted .

Se it would be reasonable to assume that views would be polarised and they were, but as usual Emma you went off another rant session, I wish you well in this season of goodwill, and CALM DOWN :)

Of course you will find my my 'style' of reply wearing' for I bring both quantifiable eveidence and the narratives of those with experience to the table while you rely upon only what you think and are incapable or too lazy to find any measurable stuff to show us. All blaggers are worn down in the face of all that. You do grab some unverifiable statistics out of thin air to try and convince us that you area amongst the majority. Far from ranting my responses are measured and evidence based, so stop repeating the word 'rant', I imagine you do that to try and make me look hysterical. you fail.

Now 'personal' comments...what is it that has made you feel so upset about yourself?, think carefully before responding, for we both know you are the one who uses those tricks, and hides behind the keyboard.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

any way back to the start of the topic it was a nice trout

whether it was returned or scoffed

. :)

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Thank you Dave,

It's a start :D

Don't push your luck ;)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Guest redfin2
Well I have read the whole thread and have seen nothing to support the TMs case at all. It's all 'none of you are as clued up as me'

Oh I don't know, he makes some good points, besides it wouldn't do if we all agreed would it? Personally I think that catch and release is the way to go and that is the way angling has and is going.

I have read your posts since joining and it is of no surprise you cannot support TM.

It's all about opinion

Go on then...your turn :)

Without upsetting people any further

But my 32 lb Salmon

taken on the Gala water

a feeder stream to the tweed

was also despatched

though for good reason

I hooked this fish on 6lb breaking strain nylon

with a trout fly ( Silver march brown )

The fight went on for nearly 2 hours

the fish took me more than an estimated 1000 yards downstream in that time

as i beached the fish , as my net was way too small

i could see it was completely beaten

i actually spent 1/2 an hour trying to revive this fish

but it never did recover

everytime i let it go it just turned belly up

I too was knackered

so after 45 mins after the battle the fish was taken

and was eaten by many people

my mother is warden at a care home

and all the residents ate some

over 50 people live there

there was still enough left for myself & neighbours & friends too eat

Now i think i can see how jesus fed so many

Seriously though had i put this fish back it would of just died in the river

and as i had paid for my salmon fishing , I felt no shame in taking it for the pot

150_brown_trout1.jpg RECORD RIVER CAUGHT BROWN TROUT 7LB 5OZ

http://www.spinningluresuk.com

Without upsetting people any further

But my 32 lb Salmon

taken on the Gala water

a feeder stream to the tweed

was also despatched

though for good reason

I hooked this fish on 6lb breaking strain nylon

with a trout fly ( Silver march brown )

The fight went on for nearly 2 hours

the fish took me more than an estimated 1000 yards downstream in that time

as i beached the fish , as my net was way too small

i could see it was completely beaten

i actually spent 1/2 an hour trying to revive this fish

but it never did recover

everytime i let it go it just turned belly up

I too was knackered

so after 45 mins after the battle the fish was taken

and was eaten by many people

my mother is warden at a care home

and all the residents ate some

over 50 people live there

there was still enough left for myself & neighbours & friends too eat

Now i think i can see how jesus fed so many

Seriously though had i put this fish back it would of just died in the river

and as i had paid for my salmon fishing , I felt no shame in taking it for the pot

The crazy thing is , I had fished for salmon for 3 hours or so & not a bite

so i thought i would fish for trout & within minutes this salmon took my trout fly

150_brown_trout1.jpg RECORD RIVER CAUGHT BROWN TROUT 7LB 5OZ

http://www.spinningluresuk.com