Okuma Avensis Centrepin

Dick Dastardly

Funnily enough, the main negatives about Shakespeare I have heard have had nothing to do with functionality - purely cosmetics. That said, I haven't heard a good word said for Shakespeare's 'pins.

As I posted earlier, Poledark uses a Shakey 'pin for mullet fishing, but fitted a ball-race to it.

It begs the question why the need to fit the ball-race if it was working well enough.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some other recent relevant discussions

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/ubb/ultimatebb...t=014641#000006

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/cgi-bin/ubb/ul...ic;f=1;t=014470

Tight Lines - leon

[ 04. February 2005, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Andrew Burgess:

[/qb]

I have been conned out by that firm on the website. I paid altogether £62.62pence a couple week ago and now it is £30 :mad: :mad: :mad:

A good salesman can always spot a total punter, even from afar!!

Hi all,

I'm a new member to this site and would just like to say how much I enjoy the threads.This one has been particularly good with postings by people who obviously fish with their pins.Just got back from a session on the tidal Trent trotting and ledgering with pins(because I enjoy it).

Thanks and regards,

Hugh

I feel really out of this - not only do I use Shakespeare Eagle centrepins (I've got three), I use and like Shakespeare float rods (I've got five).

Two of my float rods are Shakespeare Elite Tetras and are number one choices out of the bag. The reels? ah...not so good news for Shakespeare I'm afraid. I find their fixed spool, centrepin and multiplier reels a bit like blunt instruments.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Guess what I am having for my birthday on Monday, I only hope it 'arrives' by Saturday so I can jump the gun and try it out on Sunday! I made up my mind months ago that I would get an Okuma centre pin, the gold one of course. When I were a lad (Good Grief, that was over 45 years ago)my dad got me a rod and reel which was jusr about the only thing he ever gave me except bruises, I can't remember much about the rod except it was cane butt and middle with a split can top, but the reel was a centre pin that purportedly was made at the Rols Royce factory in Derby. It was solid aluminium, no handles and about he size of a small dustbin lid, an out and out matchman's tool at that time. The pub where he drank was run by one of Derby's leading matchmen (one Bill Bates) and he acquired the tackle. I wish I could remember what happened to that reel, it ran for ever when batted. So......come on you Norfolk 'pin men, where do I go on Sunday (assuming my beloved comes up with pressie ahead of time? As to Shakespeare tackle, it does what it says in the tin and at a sensible price, I have a couple of rods, 4 reels and a BLACK box, blue and green is a bit too much, works fine but the stickers are a bit n the big side.

Alan, not used one for mullet, not actually caught a mullet :D

I did mess about with one and fit ballraces and trued up the spool and used it for barbel...but then I am always messing about with my tackle :)

barbel on pin

Den

[ 08. February 2005, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: poledark ]

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic