Most contentious (fictional) post?

WickerDave

How about...

I'm a newbie. Can you tell me if it is OK to catch small stillwater barbel, transport them to a river in the close season and livebait for pike. I'll be taking all the pike home for my Polish neighbours to eat. And do I need a license?

Have I missed anything :)?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why use livebait, it's quicker with a net. BTW, very large barbel make very good compost and once you've got them out of the way there is more room for them yummy F1 hybrid carp.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Yes those yummy F1 hybrid carp are briliant for eating (although a bit fat and fightless (size for size) :P

or you could read this ?

Fuse lit; now retire and wait for the bang!! :P

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I find the swims at rivers to be excellent places to dump all that left over rubbish that my local council will charge me for. Its not fly tipping, surely all that plastic and battery acid will feed the fish?

How about...

I'm a newbie. Can you tell me if it is OK to catch small stillwater barbel, transport them to a river in the close season and livebait for pike. I'll be taking all the pike home for my Polish neighbours to eat. And do I need a license?

Have I missed anything :)?

Dear Newbie,

We've had this question before, if you use the search facility you will find the answers to your questions.

May I ask if you only fish commercial type waters? I'm sure the last one to ask it did.

I wonder if there's a connection there :unsure: ??

By the way, carp make much better live baits, (and compost), so if you don't catch any pike, your Polish friends can eat them instead, so you see, nothing wasted. :)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I've got a friend who's an enthusiastic P*TA supporter - would anybody mind if she dropped in from time to time to provide a bit of balance to some of the discussions on here? It's often said that it would be nice to have more females posting. :)

I've got a friend who's an enthusiastic P*TA supporter - would anybody mind if she dropped in from time to time to provide a bit of balance to some of the discussions on here? It's often said that it would be nice to have more females posting. :)

Yes but she should have at least a little bit of intelligence though (P*TA???). Isn't that the organisation that was taken to court for killing large numbers of dogs and cats (90% of adoptable dogs and cats in its care)???? I think I can find the news reports on the Web somewhere. OH Yes its here

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Ain't that what you'd call a paradox Davy? :unsure:;)

I wouldn't mind at all if she did join in, but if she's into P*TA that much, she probably gets regular updates on our discussions anyway. :rolleyes:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

:o:clap2:

Janet

You've been here that long you're an honorary bloke now Janet. :P

John.