rods and functions

Phone

(*A tackle addict of such fiendish intensity I've actually seen him grind up cheap reels - probably cut with crap materials to make them go further - with his Krusha, line the resulting swarf up on his Nash bivvy table, and honk the lot back with a throwing stick.)

So that is what is in your unbelievably heavy bait bag. :o No wonder your fish weigh so heavy and you look so knackered after carrying it around. :D

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that is what is in your unbelievably heavy bait bag. :o No wonder your fish weigh so heavy and you look so knackered after carrying it around. :D

Stella...it's reassuringly heavy ;)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I stick by what I said and generally you do get what you pay for. Lets face it your not going to get a rod made from high grade carbon and kitted out with top fittings (titanium guides for example) and a fuji reel seat for a budget price. We know there are some items which are inflated in price merely because of the name attached when the item is tosh, that's up to the buyer to check out before buying.

I stick by what I said and generally you do get what you pay for. Lets face it your not going to get a rod made from high grade carbon and kitted out with top fittings (titanium guides for example) and a fuji reel seat for a budget price. We know there are some items which are inflated in price merely because of the name attached when the item is tosh, that's up to the buyer to check out before buying.

why would you need to i can catch without any carbon at all and probably low grade rings :D

still dont understand this "carbon" thing its plastic ,not just in reel seats strangely the word "resin" is used to persuade us to pay more for figurines etc which are made from plastic

strangely fish were caught before lots of things were available :D i would think statistically far more fish are caught on non titanium rings and non fuji seats so how can they be better? ,i think i spot must over need cropping up :D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

why would you need to i can catch without any carbon at all and probably low grade rings :D

still dont understand this "carbon" thing its plastic ,not just in reel seats strangely the word "resin" is used to persuade us to pay more for figurines etc which are made from plastic

strangely fish were caught before lots of things were available :D i would think statistically far more fish are caught on non titanium rings and non fuji seats so how can they be better? ,i think i spot must over need cropping up :D

Chesters, they're better because they're more comfortable/ pleasing to use than cheap heavy monstrosities. Regarding reel seats, the fujis are better because your reel stays attached to the rod. It's easy to come up with shite like...I used to catch fish on a clothes prop etc etc, i've no doubt people have done but i'm sure they'd prefer to have used a high quality lightweight rod, especially if trotting all day.

Chesters, they're better because they're more comfortable/ pleasing to use than cheap heavy monstrosities. Regarding reel seats, the fujis are better because your reel stays attached to the rod. It's easy to come up with shite like...I used to catch fish on a clothes prop etc etc, i've no doubt people have done but i'm sure they'd prefer to have used a high quality lightweight rod, especially if trotting all day.

IMO ..I think it can depend on what type of rod you are using. In a quiver or float i think you pay for what you get however in the carp rods i am not so sure. a £50 rod or £300 carp rod can you really justify that massive difference....perhaps you can but i can't..

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Agree with that Hawk. A carp or even pike deadbait rod is just a tool for chucking out heavy stuff and strong enough to haul in an even heavier fish. End of. No need for finesse. Anyway, I've rarely seen carpists holding their rods barring casting and reeling in so what difference does it make how light they are? :lol:

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Agree with that Hawk. A carp or even pike deadbait rod is just a tool for chucking out heavy stuff and strong enough to haul in an even heavier fish. End of. No need for finesse. Anyway, I've rarely seen carpists holding their rods barring casting and reeling in so what difference does it make how light they are? :lol:

Renrag

I haven't mentioned carp or pike rods but i'd still prefer to use a decent one over a poker. I have some shimano Diaflash specimine rods which are good for casting but are also excellent for playing a fish on. A cheap poker rod may throw out a weight but it will give you no pleasure when reeling in a fish.

I haven't mentioned carp or pike rods but i'd still prefer to use a decent one over a poker. I have some shimano Diaflash specimine rods which are good for casting but are also excellent for playing a fish on. A cheap poker rod may throw out a weight but it will give you no pleasure when reeling in a fish.

I agree with a seriously low priced rod but a £50 rod would i feel make no difference reeling it in to a £300 one.

I think it is like most things you pay over the odds for the 'Badge'. I heard a discussion which went on for hours about whether Fox was better than Diawa...They did not even talk about what style rod or fishing. Quite incredible!

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

I agree with a seriously low priced rod but a £50 rod would i feel make no difference reeling it in to a £300 one.

Oh but it would, a rod has to have a good action to be usefull at both casting and playing a fish and I seriously doubt you'll get it in a rod for 50 ripp's.