Delkims

Dave H

If you are looking for an alarm that is ultra reliable in any weather conditions, has a degree of sensitivity control and can have its volume turned down to silent when utilised with a remote then I do not think the GF alarms can be beaten. I first started using them many years ago after my Delkims failed miserably due to water ingress from rain. The only problems that I have found with them which has happened over the last couple of years or so is that due to the small roller, I have had an occassional line skip when fishing with the rods set high at the back, also whilst very good with leads and a sounder box they are not so good with a remote receiver and dongles. In more recent times after discussion with a certain tackle tart bailiff at Wingham, I have aquired some of the Gardner ATTS alarms complete with 2 and 4 magnet rollers which I have found to be excellent as the heads have a large roller, are silent, fully waterproof and are extremely compact. Just out of interest, I got them complete with the remote receiver second hand off a genuine fishing tackle shop on e-bay for £210 which is a considerable saving on new. I will say though that if a remote system had been available for the GF alarms which faithfully reproduced the the frequency of the beeps then I would most likely have gone down that route. I do not think that there is such a thing as the ideal alarm as different people place inportance on different things but for me the the key things are is that they are weather proof, consistantly register movement, accommodate different rod angles on the rests and can be turned down silent on the heads.

The picture below shows just how compact the ATTS heads are.

post-8110-1325158576_thumb.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a bit of spare cash to spend recently and had a look at the ATTS alarms. Weird....no sound from the heads????????????? Tried a set for a day, and felt totally dissoriented having the sound coming from just the remote. Maybe I could have got used to them, but for me, a remote is only used when I am hiding under the brolly (weather). And what do you do if the remote goes down?

I settled on a set of TFG mags, put a little plastic plug in the sounder hole, now I get a nice little "peep" and a bright light.....and a remote.

i really can't quite get my head a round the concept of a SILENT alarm :)

I do have several sets of alarms, including a set of GFS. all my GFS are blue, but one became unreliable so I replaced them with Prologics (with remote). After nearly 3 years one of these (the blue one) started to play up, hence the TFG ones :)

About 200 days a year in all weathers does show up any faults or shortcomings, but my old Optonics still work, and my Fox microns. My only issue with the Microns is the small diameter rollers...not to good when slack line fishing.

By the way, the guy who leant me the ATTS alarms, has since sold them :)

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Weird....no sound from the heads????????????? Tried a set for a day, and felt totally dissoriented having the sound coming from just the remote. Maybe I could have got used to them, but for me, a remote is only used when I am hiding under the brolly (weather). And what do you do if the remote goes down?

Den

Dont think I would like that either Den. Just reflects modern trends though I suppose where 90% of angling is done with the angler asleep in a bivvy!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

As previously stated. (I do not think that there is such a thing as the ideal alarm as different people place importance on different things)

With regard to Dens very valid point on what if the receiver goes down, (which could apply to anything electronic) then I do when session fishing carry a back up set of alarms along with a range of spare batteries.

Edited by tincatinca

I settled on a couple of new Micron Mx+ at £35 each inc of hard case. I have had Microns from the start of when the first one was made and i have never had problems with them so why change?

At that price it does not break the bank either

Not tested on bank yet but indoors and all is well ;)

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

My Delkims are the original ones that was released back in the early/mid 90's

Never missed a beat and are still as good now as they was back when they was new.

Simply can't fault them one bit (hows that for reliability)

My Delkims are the original ones that was released back in the early/mid 90's

Never missed a beat and are still as good now as they was back when they was new.

Simply can't fault them one bit (hows that for reliability)

Same here, my set of mid 90's Delks have been 100% reliable. Do yourself a favor and dont get rid of them lol.........or let me know first :P

I have always used Fox and i had the originals too and i sold mine after many many years and they were brilliant. That's why even 2nd hand they go for a good price

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

• 3 weeks later...

all they need to do is let you know when you have a bite so why pay so much for them

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur