Method feeder...You havin a laugh!

Dave H

Sorry mate it was part in jest due to the icons. No offence meant. live and let live.

however swims are quite close nowadays and it was close enough but although it **** me off a bit there is always another day.

I was more annoyed at a driver who decided it was funny to spray a woman by entering into the water deliberately splashing a woman and her child on the way home. i got the guys reg number stopped and gave the woman a lift ....now that is what got me hacked off

I am not offended, just curious.

I suppose it is the price you pay for fishing a water that is open to the public.

I have had countless occasions where my fishing has been disturbed by others, it's just part of the fun I suppose,

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not offended, just curious.

I suppose it is the price you pay for fishing a water that is open to the public.

I have had countless occasions where my fishing has been disturbed by others, it's just part of the fun I suppose,

I went to this fishery years a go and noticed that out of about 30 swims they had crammed in another ten atleast. Money is tight for all concerned but i know in the SE there are loads of day ticket waters and if the fisherypu p**s off one then it spreads by mouth and then the fishery ends up suffering not making more money and like you said the method cross lines etc will do that.

It's hard in these tight times but fishing is a luxury so don't over cook it with high fees for anglers way out of their price rage. Sadly its a catch 22 but then it's a business for the owner so he/she looses out

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

I was more annoyed at a driver who decided it was funny to spray a woman by entering into the water deliberately splashing a woman and her child on the way home.

I hope that he didnt look like me as well Hawk!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Three pegs away and making one splash rvery half hour. Wow, I'd hate to see your reaction on a buisy canal with narrow boats churning up the peg avery ten minutes.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I fish the method all the time and catch a hell of a lot more than those who don't. When fishing carp puddles (i am guilty of that one sometimes, especially this time of the year) i have moved away from people that have dropped in my pocket. Carp especially are drawn to the splash. Ive had takes many times before the line has sunk, even on harder club waters.

If you want to get upset with someone fishing too close to you fish a water where the pegs are further apart. Other anglers are entitled to fish where they like, no matter how close or stupid it may seem. Winter is not a time for too many anglers, you really need an acre each so you can search out the area.

Last weekend i had two anglers drop 10 yards to my left and I had 3 rods all on the method. He made it clear he wanted to fish where i was as the 'bloke' in there last week had loads. Just happened to be my old man fishing the method. I waited till they had all there gear set up then moved to the other end of the lake and had another half dozen fish. It serves me right for fishing a lake with a copious amount of tools on it, but i wanted a few runs so you have to put up with it.

Funny that pearbo, I seem to catch more on Carp puddles Freelining, than those that use the method...? :D:P Although the method works very well for Bream on the rivers!

Like I said, and pearbo has pointed out. Puddles are 'tool' magnets for the most part, unless they're naturally stocked waters. Then they've 'got nowt in', so the tools go elsewhere.

Btw hawk, the rivers have no fish in them, Otters et'em all. Go there, far less tools. Apart from me anyway :lol:

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

I hope that he didnt look like me as well Hawk!

What the woman or driver. you were discussing plastic in the dark in a very strange way in another thread ;)

Edited by Hawk

Funny that pearbo, I seem to catch more on Carp puddles Freelining, than those that use the method...? :D:P Although the method works very well for Bream on the rivers!

Like I said, and pearbo has pointed out. Puddles are 'tool' magnets for the most part, unless they're naturally stocked waters. Then they've 'got nowt in', so the tools go elsewhere.

Btw hawk, the rivers have no fish in them, Otters et'em all. Go there, far less tools. Apart from me anyway :lol:

:D