Bishops block the benefits cap.

Ken L

All,

How about this? (cut and pasted from CNN). """"Florida's poor can use food stamps to buy staples like milk, vegetables, fruits and meat. But they can also use them to buy sweets like cakes, cookies and Jell-O and snack foods like chips, ..."""" State senator introduced a bill that "sugar products" couldn't be purchased with food stamps.

Phone

Can't see the bishops objecting to food coupons being issued, with the proviso that fags, beer, and tele veiwing, phone credits are to be excluded. What a good idea, to ensure the kids are first in line. :thumbs:

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they (or someone did) object to food coupons here ,it gave the user some sort of underclass persona :rolleyes:

i would say gift horses and mouths

you still buy fags though coupons are bought by spivs at a rate far lower than the face value for cash ;)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

they (or someone did) object to food coupons here ,it gave the user some sort of underclass persona :rolleyes:

i would say gift horses and mouths

you still buy fags though coupons are bought by spivs at a rate far lower than the face value for cash ;)

Why not just go back to the Victorian system?

An employer didn't pay his employees in hard currency, but in a token. The employee could only redeem the token at an outlet controlled by the employer. Thus the employer dictated what could be purchased and inflate the retail price to a level of his own choosing.

Employees could also only rent accomodation from the employer also.

Happiness, happiness...not on your life, literally.

--------------------------------------------------

@ Barry --- I cannot see how your system will ensure children are better looked after?

A miserable parent who feels worse than nothing is hardly an example for the child.

---------------------------------------------------

We are all being conditioned to accept austerity.

Benefit recipients are being demonised.

Workers are being bullied into accepting crap because Governement lets in migrants who will work for half.

They say we have no spare money...total BS.

Amazing where then the UK finds the money to fight Wars in foreign lands, give money to the IMF, continue giving donations to India, waste tens of billions of pounds in only 2 years through incompetence etc etc etc...

A lie said often enough is readily accepted as truth because the real truth is either beyond the comprehension of the mass or too uncomfortable and unpalatable to accept as the truth. Far easier to be like a sheep and accept the lie en masse.

People in the UK are being lied to every day and most swallow it as truth. Why do you think UK education standards have dropped in the last 30 years. The more uneducated the individual the easier to control and blind with BS.

We will, if politicians have their way, arrive at a point where the basic UK worker will return to a life of want and misery.

It is simple to reform the benefit system and make it fairer for all but they will not do it properly.

Example:

If you eradicate fraud, deceit, overpayment etc etc...which could easily be done... who would employ the thousands of people needed to chase those who take advantage of the system?

Then you have a knock on effect for manufacturers who for example produce paper, pens, uniforms, ID cards, clipboards etc etc ........used by those who chase those who take advantage.

So eradicating the unfairness of the system properly would have consequences and may not be cost effective.

The whole system is like a stack of cards and this is why instead of fixing it once and for all we get tweeks, alterations and promises.

Barry,

Tongue in cheek, - - - if you wish to put the children first you wouldn't eliminate sugar.

(I don't disagree, the idea has some intellectual merit.)

Phone

Beleive it or not phone there was a news item last week regarding sugar as a poison if taken to excess.

and quote Now there's a right un. : @ Barry --- I cannot see how your system will ensure children are better looked after?

A miserable parent who feels worse than nothing is hardly an example for the child.

This orgional item clearly stated the needs of the parents, i.e. fags, beer, telly and phone(pun) :D however, no one needs to be a misery guts because they have given up the above. I'm not, i'm very happy to call myself a non-smoker. :thumbs: So that argument won't wash. And it was the bishops who used the reason that kids will suffer with the cap, well, again, these parents need a bit of education to put their kids needs first, if they can't or won't then food coupons sounds a lot more sensible than fag/beer money don't you think.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

This orgional item clearly stated the needs of the parents, i.e. fags, beer, telly and phone(pun) :D however, no one needs to be a misery guts because they have given up the above. I'm not, i'm very happy to call myself a non-smoker. :thumbs: So that argument won't wash. And it was the bishops who used the reason that kids will suffer with the cap, well, again, these parents need a bit of education to put their kids needs first, if they can't or won't then food coupons sounds a lot more sensible than fag/beer money don't you think.

I understand now.

However, if you introduce coupons they could still be exchanged for Fags[Cigarettes for the benefit of our American viewers], Beer, Telly[Television] and phones via the blackmarket or unscrupulous retail outlets. I knew a few who exchanged the old Milk Tokens for Cigarettes without a problem, mainly Asian shopkeepers in my area.

There is no guarantee that this would not happen with this.

Also, who is to say that if coupons are in force retail outlets won't just increase their prices?

Coupons mean extra work for retailers as they have to be exchanged for currency do they not?

Unless the banks are in on this too.