Swingers or chains?

Dave H

It has probably been done to death but do not forget we get newbies on here everyday so we need to know whether they are a swinger or not. This could be a worry at the wingham fish in as the swinger could be lurking around. Then we have the chain gang its rather perverted but atleast it's kept behind bivvy closed flaps in private.

A bobbin man is to old to worry about so best left alone with his playboy mag.

So what is the advantage to being a swinger ?

What's the advantage to being into chains?

OOOPS i forgot it is a fishing question...Yes you know those indicators...Sorry about that!

Edited by Hawk

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hawk,

How about a swinger on a chain?

Phone

A question best left to the tarts.

As the expression says 'Only in America' ;)

A Tart with his swinger or his chain....

Edited by Hawk

i like the swingers the best

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

If the weathers calm with little or no wind, then I'll use chains, but if its windy, then I'll use the solar quiver-loc quivers (not the new one the old one with the detachable arms).

post-903-1328730634_thumb.jpg

So Si you think that in general the chains get a better reading.?

These..?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOLAR-QUIVERLOC-...=item5ae3f0ec5c

Edited by Hawk

So Si you think that in general the chains get a better reading.?

These..?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOLAR-QUIVERLOC-...=item5ae3f0ec5c

Thats the newer style of quiver-loc, I have the older one, which has the swinger, lower strength quiver, hi-strength quiver to keep tension on the line.

In all honesty, the best indicator is what's best for the conditions you're fishing in, if little or no wind, then I'll use the hangers/chains on a relatively slack line.

If it's windy, then I'll use the quiver style to keep tension on the line and in direct contact with the lead.

I don't ever use a swinger style indicator, just don't like them as I don't find them anywhere near as sensitive

If the weathers calm with little or no wind, then I'll use chains, but if its windy, then I'll use the solar quiver-loc quivers (not the new one the old one with the detachable arms).

post-903-1328730634_thumb.jpg

Si, is it possible to screw two of the arms together on the quiver locks to increase the length and can you mis and match with the swinger arms?

Not possible to join 2 together, but you might be able to buy longer quivers which are for quiver tip rods.

You can use any combination of arms, but you can't join them together, you could extend the swing arms by getting longer stainless rod (maybe bicycle spokes or similar).