should river fish be put in stillwaters

paul93

Another plus to barbel being stocked in to easily accessed waters is that it will take a lot of pressure off the river fish and hopefully keep a lot of the the numpties off the river banks where they arn't closely watched and under pressure to follow rules like on a lot of comercials.

Well that is certainly one bonus that I can appreciate but still not keen on it. :D

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rainbow trout don't, but then with the exception of the Wye, they don't reproduce in the wild at all in the UK.

but they mostly stock the rainbows

not that it matters as they are going to be cooked with garlic and pine nuts :)

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

In my opinion Chub are acceptable but Barbel are more of a arguing matter. I have been told that you are not aloud to put Barbel in a keepnet because there fins get caught in the mesh. They are built for the river you can tell that by looking at them. The only place i have fished and caught stillwater Barbel is Tunnel Barn farm, and there are several rules you must follow when playing one and netting them. So why have all this hassle when you can keep them in there normal habitat. So in my opinion Barbel should not be in stillwaters.

Jack

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and i'm not sure about the universe". (Albert Einstein)

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head, thats assault, not leadership". (Dwight D. Eisenhower)

"Some people claim that marriage interferes with romance. Theres no doubt about it. Anytime you have a romance, your wife is bound to interfere". (Groucho marx)

Many fish prosper both in running water and still waters naturally and nature has just made it that way. Now has man introduced one to the other for whatever reason apart from a few isolated cases in the wider scope of things? I mean one day ticket water like bury hill in Dorking who stocks Zander in its lake....I am looking at a bigger picture here.

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon