John Bailey: Disappointment of fish lost drives us all on

Elton

Addict,

Are you suggesting fishermen might lie? Shame on you!! I never lost a carp to the "long release" in my life that wasn't at least 40 lbs.

Phone

It is an "expected" and honed talent that is a requirement of "expert" anglers in the US. You can't get your badge without it.

all a bunch of cynics you must all be match fishers and so get jealous when a top pike angler like john bailiey goes and catchs all the best pikes :P

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

all a bunch of cynics you must all be match fishers and so get jealous when a top pike angler like john bailiey goes and catchs all the best pikes :P

Totally right mate! Neither I or any of the guys Ive ever fished with know the first thing about big pike....................or maybe I just have some strange problem with nancy boy ex school teacxhers who chat sh..... :rolleyes:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

ATS I dont know any top angler who rates John Bailey that seriously either!

I rate him as a nice bloke.

I was lucky enough to of been taken under the wing of a well known (in Norfolk) Pike angler as a young lad, he used to take me out on the Upper Thurne from about the age of 11 or 12 which would of made it 1986/7'ish. We fished Martham North, Dungeons Corner and all the hotspots almost every weekend come whatever the weather until the outbreak of prymnesium which I think was about '89 or 90.

The biggest he managed was 21lb odd and I never got above 15lb's so the only thing I would seriously pull up in that article was the fanciful idea that a tail end of the season dropped run could of been a celebrated Thurne monster. I mean it could of been, but there's much more chance of it being a run of the mill Jack of which there were literally hundreds and hundreds of.

Other than crossing a chest high un-jumpable dyke with a 20lb Sea Trout on the go I don't really have a problem with what he's written.

He has caught a lot of very very good fish..

He's not on your Christmas card list then Budgie?

No afraid not Dant! :D I'm a great believer on not passing judgement on people unless I actually know them but I'm afraid his "Swedish pike" article that I mentioned got up my nose (and practically the entire piking circle I move in) that badly I made the exception. ;) None of the people I know and rate can say much good about him either and that obviously influences me..............and the final nail in his coffin was watching him ponce around in the TV "Casting for Gold" program! I quote "Oh Paul you wonderful man!" when Booty is trying to land a lump Mahseer in a raging mountain flood river! (my venom will no doubt be lost on any one who hasn't seen this! :D )

Plus Ive got raging sinusitis and an extreme Man Cold at the moment so hate practically everyone! Only decent thing Bailey ever caught was Joy!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!