Going offline - back in a short while (hopefully!)

Leon Roskilly

Hi Guys,

I've given up struggling at 200mhz with a 33.4K modem and a 4.3gb hardrive, staggering from crash to crash with Windows 95, and bought myself a new system :)

If all goes well, I'll be back shortly...........

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

hi leon

you mean you have given up on all that power :D:D

ive got a 1.1gig duron and a 56k and still suffer but its clearing up slowly

good luck

billy

[ 10. May 2003, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: billy5000 ]

billy5000:

hi leon

you mean you have given up on all that power    :D        :D            

ive got a 1.1gig duron and a 56k and still suffer but its clearing up slowly

good luck

billy

Thanks Billy.

So far so good :)

I'm currently surrounded by boxes, discs and devices to be loaded, trying to navigate XP and with even more grey hairs than this morning!!!

I expect my bank manager will have a few more too, come Monday! :)

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Leon.

I kept up to most folk for nearly 5 yrs, untill I had to change to the new system?

Of course, we all have to upgrade our systems now and again. Such a pity that my old fishing sims take so much work to go get going.

Forget about all the boxes and an over-priced engineer. Most 7yr olds can put them together.

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

AAAarghhhh!

Is that the time?

I thought that only Elton stays up this late!

Oh well. To bed now, and get the scanner, speakers, & Digital camera software loaded tomorrow, then there's the firewall to download and all that oth.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Tight Lines - leon

ps Mullet fishing tomorrow afternoon :)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Leon as you are now using XP you may need to download some patches and upgrades to run the scanner and printer and things, so if they don't work as they should look for the upgrades.

Nugg has it. But rather than let Microsoft tell you what you need, give a try at Bigfix which will do the same thing but do it better IMO.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thats the beauty of building your own pute you can add goodies as you go along. The trouble with off the shelf and shop putes is upgrading also all the stuff that comes with it that doesnt get used.I know price wise its hard to beat a shop built one but do you get the same satisfaction when you get everything running by yourself its just like the first fish of the season. Anyway good luck with your new toy nugg

[ 11. May 2003, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: JackPike ]

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

hi all,

jackpike i agree,as i built all the pc's i have had it gives you that buzz when the power boots up and doesnt fizzle in a cloud of smoke :D

and you get the freedom of putting a nice nvidia graphics card in and unlike the shop bought pc's which tend to be intel 810 chips or something similar(onboard sucks) :D

but i do tend to like pushing the specs so i get to enjoy the problem solving of fiddling too much :rolleyes:

hope all is well leon :)

billy