The 70s

Andrew

Great show on BBC2 sounds of the 70s, straight after a show about the good and bad from the 70s.

Anyone watching it, reggae at its best.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the power cuts . We used to think it was great when we were kids, candles and cooking on a camping stove and making toast on the coal fire. Imagine what would happen now, can't even survive without an internet connection these days.

Never liked reggae though.

Edited by Rich_

WHATTTTTTTT not even Bob Marley

Did you try and make toast on a candle, ha ha ha , great fun with some chums

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I remember the power cuts . We used to think it was great when we were kids, candles and cooking on a camping stove and making toast on the coal fire. Imagine what would happen now, can't even survive without an internet connection these days.

EEE by gum them wert days wrapping spuds in foil and cookin em on the open fire after Mum had cooked a meal for 7 with 2 pans lol how the hell did she manage.we also had our camping primus stove you had to prime with meths but was fueled with parrafin

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame

Crimplene bellbottoms, wing collars on shirts, tank tops and crap haircuts (I had hair!) all remind me of the seventies.

I remember the tasteless decor, the powercuts, the bread shortages and the strikes.

I remember my grandparents brown Austin Alegro - why was everything brown ?

I remember the furore over Bill Grundy's interview with the Sex Pistols and Monty Python's Life of Brian.

I remember Fanny Craddock and "The Galloping Gourmet" on TV trying and failing to convince the British people that food could get more sophisticated than a prawn cocktail.

I remember the casual racism.

I remember when the sea was worth fishing with a reasonable expectation of catching something.

In so many ways, it was a rubbish decade but it was my childhood and I cherish the memories even as I cringe....

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I was a kid in the seventies. A few years ago we went to a wedding in a small town in rural Ireland. I never figured out why, but the whole place felt like the seventies.

I was a kid in the seventies. A few years ago we went to a wedding in a small town in rural Ireland. I never figured out why, but the whole place felt like the seventies.

I went to a place over there that felt just like that. Some of the clothing was way back when, !

“Vescere bracis meis”

i still remember the 70's when i light a paraffin lamp (which i do from time to time) ,i remember the early middle 70's with more affection than the late couple of years, fending off **** punks when your operating a mobile bar (drinks) was not the best of memories ,for craps sake they were trying to get the free booze we were drinking.

girls though outside of the hair were gorgeous and more liberated than even the 60's

the lease cliff hall in folkestone have some great memories for me and reggae was ok to listen by white folks then :D i even bought an LP of "electronicised" reggae hits

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson