I'll Not Be Voting Liberal Then...

Paul_D

So they want to abolish the Council Tax in favour of a local income tax, or in other words, 'you go to work and earn a half decent income and we'll take lots of it off you to pay for policing the local scum bags who won't have to pay because they don't work'......No thanks.

Paul

are you saying this or are you being led by the right wing press , the trouble with this country is we want everything free ;and then moan when we have to pay for services . the trouble is the infra structure to britain was neglected far too long and all we seem to do now is lurch from one crisis to the other . basically we pay for what you get.. anyway isnt unemployment at its lowest level ?

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

If you are unemployed, you don,t pay Council Tax now.

People in receipt of various other Social Security Benefits can claim various reductions in their Council Tax now.

So, us Income Tax payers are supporting them anyway.

hembo, this is nothing to do with "right wing press".

The Liberal Democrats policy is being reported and debated, on every type of media.

I,m quite happy to pay more for better services.

I have great sympathy with Pensioners, Disabled people and other genuine cases.

Its subsidising the non genuine, non contributors, I object to.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I thought thay I might have got this wrong as far as the unemployed were concerned as soon as I'd posted. Cranfield though, has expressed exactly what I was meaning to say.

Paul

I agree Nugg, but proposing that local councils can set a new local income tax sounds like trouble to me for the working population.

Paul

I believe [correct me if I'm wrong] it takes the working man or woman until July 17th to actually start earning money for his or herself! Predictions for next year say July 29th.

There's a lot wrong in this country at present and the work avoiders are one of them. However also a problem are those that can pay but can afford to avoid paying.

Colin

Paul,

I had to give up work to look after my wife. Am I a 'Scum Bag' because I dont work? If you put me in that catagory then I object in the strongest possible terms!

Also you pay for Policing in your Council Tax now so what is your objection to paying for it in what is you council tax in another name? Dont get me wrong I wouldnt vote for the Liberals either because if you do you might as well put up the Blue Flag with gold stars and say goodbye to our currency because they would have us in the Euro super state within 6 months and several other of their 'Policies' are nothing short of frightning. Goid help us if they ever get in.

What I find interesting is that as a whole we (the nation, if polls are to be believed) are anti Euro and to a lesser extent anti EU. Why is it that the other EU countries dont feel that way? the italians/greeks/spanish/irish are also fiercly independent but they joined up.

As for local taxes, it doesnt matter how they are collected so long as its fair, basing the quantity to pay on the value of your house is nonsence, a percentage of income would be much fairer. I to dont mind paying for better services providing it gives value for money.

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

We are constantly told

"The pound is stronger than ever"

"Britains never been so rich"

"Don't give way to the Euro"...blah de blah.

Has noone in this supid country realised that we will never see any benefit from this so called "strong pound". We will never benefit from this so called wealth. As soon as Britain has a bit of spare cash, we build a flipping dome or some crap. We get robbed blind on a daily basis and we thrive on poverty.

As long as there is an exchange rate (yet another tax and profit robbing sceme)and a different monetary system, we will ALWAYS pay through the nose for everything. We get robbed blind for absolutely everything and we pay more than anyone else in the World for produce originating in this country. Err....duh. What's that all about?

Until the average UK man/woman can do a straight comparison with European market prices, we will always be in the dark. Shopping abroad is at an alltime high simply because British retailers cannot compete with the European market. We just love holidays in Europe.

"Isn't it cheap?...I,ll buy a watch for the whole family and oh look, theres a nice shirt and and and..."

That in itself is going to kill us. We are holding onto something that belongs in the history books. The Pound is dead.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...