benefits are a joke

Andy_1984

i would also watch any visiting appraisal doctor as well and it would be worth recording his visit as well.

we have a copy of his notes and half the bullet points counter what he said in the write up he sent to the DWP! (which we also have on account of a tribunal)

strange chap broken english ,arrived in a taxi then spent 10 minutes outside the house (probably filling in the DWP bit?) before disappearing back to where ever he came from

unfortunately half the problem is down to opinions ,you can see a worn bone on bone knee joint but whats goes on in the head harder to pin down so a good number of claims are about unprovable but also non disprovable mental or soft tissue problems

besides my mrs mobility problems she also has partially managed epilepsy but strangely epilepsy isnt recognised as a problem unless it the very bad type ,having someone "switch" off for a couple of minutes then be totally confused for 5 or 10 more IMHO is very dangerous never mind a medical problem

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two points to make on this.

My mother suffers from serious mental illness and has to be cared for 24/7. It’s a very bad chronic depression.. Anyway, because she has a ‘Mental’ illness she only gets grade 2 which is far less than a benefit of a grade 1. My next door is entitled to benefit as his back is basically smashed being a bin man all his life. He is in pain but his life is getting to the pub on Sundays and in moderation can get around....He is on grade 1.

It seems when not seen in physical form you get hammered for it. I know a guy who served in the Bosnia war who since coming back 15 years ago has had a life of pure hell beyond your wildest dreams....Grade 2....

Secondly

I get sick and tired of this corrupt government within their own ranks using families who are abusing the benefits systems to use it as an excuse to cut benefits as they get splashed all over the papers and on TV so when somebody is entitled to benefits is scorned upon as being a cheat, lazy, a bum!.

95% are more than likely entitled to those benefits but the govt uses the 5% to tar them.

a bit off the subject i know but this is the most corrupt govt i have seen in over 30 years. Scandel after scandel , payments.bungs and who knows whats going to come out of the murdoch controversy and they have the cheek to stop your mum Andy from getting benefits because she looks like she has a tan....Corrupt right up to camer moron himself.

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

the problem became worse when successive governments hides the "unemployed" away in the "disabled" figures and with the need to support over a million or so immigrants forbidden to work the "benefit" purse is getting empty

rather than successive governments noticing the increase of "disabled" (many really disabled but a growing number of long term unemployed conveniently being considered disabled ) people rising it turned its head and made the unemployed stats their chief criteria of success and tried to divert attention from the rest in the benefit section of the pie chart.

now they need to have huge ut backs and it will be the needy and really ill people with no voice that will suffer as it always is

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I get sick and tired of this corrupt government within their own ranks using families who are abusing the benefits systems to use it as an excuse to cut benefits

To be fair this applied equally as much to the last Labour administration.

Something has to be done, but I agree that how it's been done for the last several years simply isn't working and is causing a lot of grief to genuine claimants.

And don't anyone dare post that any genuine claimants have nothing to fear. I know from my own family that they have.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

My 18 year old son, mentally handicapped with a mental age of 6 or 7, and needs watching constantly to ensure his safety, is only entitled to the lowest rate of DLA despite needing to be accompanied wherever he goes, for his own safety.

My wife has fibromyalgia and hydradenitis, the latter being a rare and appalling ailment, a symptom of which is the formation of orange-sized boils in the glandular areas of groin and underarm. Too much information, I know, but you wouldn't believe the struggle we've had with the benefits gestapo to have her struggles recognised and fairly rewarded, despite the fact that she can be virtually bed-bound for weeks at a time.

Meanwhile, a couple just along the way, who stroll around town with their dogs of an evening like they haven't a care, are somehow in receipt of full DLA and drive around in a brand new Nissan car, get all their rent paid and can afford to go out on the lash every night.

Where's the fairness in that, and how the hell are they getting away with it if the benefits reforms have been introduced to eradicate this kind of abuse of the system.

Leaves me speechless.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

one of the points they gave against her keeping her benefits was that she had a TAN!

And people say people with dark/tanned skin get benefits easy ????

When i gave up work due to health reason, two question they asked me.

Can you use a telephone, reply YES !

Can you take a message, reply YES

Your fit for work, benefits taken away after 6 months, ha ha ha ha . So i paid to get retrained ( roofer by trade, ) in some office based job, passed the relevant stuff, ITQ, etc. applied for jobs, sorry sir you need to have at least a year minimum office based experience. That was the reply from at least a dozen or so applications. Gave up in the end, cashed my private pension in.

The moral of the story, work all your adult life, pay into the system and then get crapped on by the government :lol: .

Has your mother the intentions of appealing against the decision

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

My 18 year old son, mentally handicapped with a mental age of 6 or 7, and needs watching constantly to ensure his safety, is only entitled to the lowest rate of DLA despite needing to be accompanied wherever he goes, for his own safety.

My wife has fibromyalgia and hydradenitis, the latter being a rare and appalling ailment, a symptom of which is the formation of orange-sized boils in the glandular areas of groin and underarm. Too much information, I know, but you wouldn't believe the struggle we've had with the benefits gestapo to have her struggles recognised and fairly rewarded, despite the fact that she can be virtually bed-bound for weeks at a time.

Meanwhile, a couple just along the way, who stroll around town with their dogs of an evening like they haven't a care, are somehow in receipt of full DLA and drive around in a brand new Nissan car, get all their rent paid and can afford to go out on the lash every night.

Where's the fairness in that, and how the hell are they getting away with it if the benefits reforms have been introduced to eradicate this kind of abuse of the system.

Leaves me speechless.

I would take photographs and inform on the robbing gets, makes me sick when i hear/read of this type of person.

Reminds me when we were on holidays a few years back.

A chap in a wheelchair was on the same plane as us. He then got off at the same hotel as us.

I kept the door open like a good lad, even carried his bags into the reception ares.

Next night i saw him walking to the bar, a bit wary though, on the second week he was dancing like a young spring chicken.

I said to my Mrs, watch this bloke when we go home, i bet he's in his wheelchair looking all " oh pity me " ha ha ha. Sure enough, on the last day, there he was in his chair looking every inch the disabled chap. :o

No more mr nice guy from me, i let the door slam in his face, if looks could kill i would be dead, ha ha ha.

The cheeky get sat opposite me in the airport, i felt my blood boiling, then said in a voice that he could hear.

I bet that scrounging get is raping the benefits system, claiming everything he can. That type of stuff, but in stronger words, another couple of chaps also had a go, ha ha ha, i did have him on camera, including video. Never did get round to sending it into the benefits people though. :angry:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I would take photographs and inform on the robbing gets, makes me sick when i hear/read of this type of person.

Reminds me when we were on holidays a few years back.

A chap in a wheelchair was on the same plane as us. He then got off at the same hotel as us.

I kept the door open like a good lad, even carried his bags into the reception ares.

Next night i saw him walking to the bar, a bit wary though, on the second week he was dancing like a young spring chicken.

I said to my Mrs, watch this bloke when we go home, i bet he's in his wheelchair looking all " oh pity me " ha ha ha. Sure enough, on the last day, there he was in his chair looking every inch the disabled chap. :o

No more mr nice guy from me, i let the door slam in his face, if looks could kill i would be dead, ha ha ha.

The cheeky get sat opposite me in the airport, i felt my blood boiling, then said in a voice that he could hear.

I bet that scrounging get is raping the benefits system, claiming everything he can. That type of stuff, but in stronger words, another couple of chaps also had a go, ha ha ha, i did have him on camera, including video. Never did get round to sending it into the benefits people though. :angry:

Send it a.s.a.p then people like me in genuine need may not be so stigmatised.

Send it a.s.a.p then people like me in genuine need may not be so stigmatised.

Thats why i refuse to use my crutches ! even though i get no help from this country after 37 years of paying my dues and never claiming a single penny from it until i had to give up work due to my failing health. :angry::angry::angry: and all i got was 6 months help, and i pay for my prescriptions because i was not recieving the " appropriate benefits " WTF :angry:

“Vescere bracis meis”