OUT FISHED

wefish

hi

why is it that when me and my sister go fishing every week

we use the same bait and setup, she catches more and better fish than me

i was once told that female anglers give off a sent or fem vibes or something that males dont

as anyone any thoughts on this matter

It was a relief when my youngest daughter discovered boys and stopped coming along. She is a total fish magnet and to be frank it was all getting rather embarrassing :rolleyes:

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Do you smoke ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

wefish,

If you don't smoke - Do you shave? (I forget how old you are).

Sometimes girls are able to concentrate for longer periods of time (is she a year or two older?).

There certainly is a theory as you suggest. Don't put to much stock into it. It not likely that would be the reason.

It could be she's just better than you are right now. She probably "rubs it in" and makes it look worse than it really is. Just tell her you are not trying to catch any old fish - you are specimen fishing. That will quiet her down.

Phone

It's it's not one big thing, it has to be lots of tiny things, which individually are hard (if not impossible) to identify. Add them all up, and the result is she is fishing better than you. We all know people like that - it's just unfortunate for you that it's your sister! Ask her to describe what she does when she does, she might give you a few clues...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Let her and you set up and start fishing. Once she starts catching, swap positions and gear and see what happens :D :D

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

wefish,

If you don't smoke - Do you shave? (I forget how old you are).

Sometimes girls are able to concentrate for longer periods of time (is she a year or two older?).

There certainly is a theory as you suggest. Don't put to much stock into it. It not likely that would be the reason.

It could be she's just better than you are right now. She probably "rubs it in" and makes it look worse than it really is. Just tell her you are not trying to catch any old fish - you are specimen fishing. That will quiet her down.

Phone

no phone i am younger than he, and i have been told on a number of occasions that theres such a thing as femtones, from a woman that the fish like i beg to differ

sheila,

While it is a good excuse for men to use - it is by and large an "old wives tale". However, confidence plays a much larger role than many people give credit. Perhaps you will be the first female National Champion or WORLD CHAMPION.

Fish, even carp, (the species I know about) do have and use pheromones. Pheromones are chemicals capable of acting outside the body of the secreting individual to impact the behavior of the receiving individual. Some (insects, animals and fishes) have feeding pehromones. Alas, not common carp (that we can extract or detect). Zander may, since they are capable of some sort of herding instinct. Your bream may, a common trait in shoaling fishes.

The pheromone most associated with carp is not one you have and has to do with spawning. Certainly, there is something to being clean and uncontaminated (i.e. gasoline on your hands is like washing in "fish-b-gone). Carp love most soap and perfume bases. Maybe your brother is a slob.

Phone

Have you tried shoving her in? :unsure:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.