almost a job

chesters1

had a phonecall offering me a job at a caravan park with fishing lakes (applied for it last year but it was gone) best of all worlds ,unfortunatly we sold the camper a few months ago ,so had to decline :(:(:(:(:(:(:)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

had a phonecall offering me a job at a caravan park with fishing lakes (applied for it last year but it was gone) best of all worlds ,unfortunatly we sold the camper a few months ago ,so had to decline :(:(:(:(:(:(:)

Chesters,

Tough about the job! Where are you? If you have a look at the Cambridge News job vacancies [online] there could be something there for you. Hundreds of jobs here. Only trouble is no one can afford to live here anymore. Well that's ordinary folk anyway.

Good luck

Colin

were in farnham surrey we havent been able to afford to live here for years :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Try moving to Dublin only rich people can afford the morgage down payments and most of them can't afford the interest! The prices have gone up 13% already this year.

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

Colin Brett:

Colin Brett:

Chesters,

Tough about the job! Where are you? If you have a look at the Cambridge News job vacancies [online] there could be something there for you. Hundreds of jobs here. Only trouble is no one can afford to live here anymore. Well that's ordinary folk anyway.

Good luck

Colin

I live in a village (Bar Hill) 6-7 miles outside of Cambridge and can vouch for the fact nobody can afford to live here. Apparently, (according to Cambridge Evening News)you need an income of £40k just to remain comfortable here. Thousands of new houses are springing up all over the county but they cannot keep up with demand and prices are predicted to rise ANOTHER 30% in the next 12 months. Where is all the affordable housing? I'm moving into a 4 bed town house in October and paying £170k (that's cheap!!)for it. 4 bed detached in Cambridge city fetch around £350k. How young people will get on the ladder I dread to think, 1 bed starter homes (really tiny) are currently fetching £80k in our village.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Polly:
I'm moving into a 4 bed town house in October and paying £170k (that's cheap!!)for it.
Come to Weymouth. Buy the building plot that I can't afford to build on and try to find a job for much more than the minimum wage. NUFF SAID????

Jim Roper (No-fixed abode)

http://www.march-info.org

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

The wages/house price ratio is just getting stupid. I live in East Anglia and, apparently, we've had the biggest percentage increase in the country.

Sounds great for those who've got a house, but it means that anyone round here with kids can almost be guaranteed that they'll move away when they get older.

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton:

but it means that anyone round here with kids can almost be guaranteed that they'll move away when they get older.

That's because you will be flooded out due to global warming and rising sea levels!!!

Jim Roper

Quote from BBC news page:

"The union Unison said that every local authority in the country was facing recruitment and retention problems."

Seems strange.

I applied for a job in the local council's footpath dept. Didn't get a reply. When I asked why, I was told it would have cost too much to reply to almost 700 unlucky applicants.

I got an interview (9 of us out of 70 odd) after an aptitude test for a very low-grade post as a database developer at about half the national average income with the same council. One question: How would you cope with meanial boring tasks? After 6 years signing on? nothing is too meanial!! I heard later that the job had been given to someone who had been temping there as a typist 'because they did not want anyone who was too bright'.

Jim Roper

[ 05 July 2002, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

Why don't the unemployed try for a job as a with their nearest railway company. ( Foe example a Train Driver in their local area. The pay is very good between £26,000 - £35,000 35 hour week 33 - 34 days leave per year) The work is not hard at all once passed the exams. I drove trains for 20 years and must admit it was the best move I ever made. Most Railway companys mainly only employ staff from their local area now.