Festung Europe.

We had a wonderful German girl on student exchange with us Chesters when i was doing my IT studies., Bettina, smashing lass she was.

Frankfurt she hailed from,the largest city in the German state of Hesse. (WIKI yet again ha ha )

She did teach me some German, ha ha. We keep in touch, she's now graduated and guess what, she cannot get a job in her native Germany.

She did mention she would love to move to her second home, ;)

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The War"...............Is still on according to some :lol: :lol:

Time to sort out that French passport Cory?

It would take me a while to get a French passport, but the ID card would be more or less a formality. It takes about 3 months.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Chesters

We met a few wonderful German families on holiday to Greece a few years ago, Sidari, Corfu, got on famously with them, and do you know, they even said sorry about the thing we are not supposed to mention ;)

On their last but one night we had a very nice goodbye party.

And as for the sun loungers, we had our private beach, and they kept us two beds every day.

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

@ Cojones---I think Spain is going to have a very rough few months with the downgrading of their ratings. I do hope that it does not become the next Greece but there are no guarantees of anything now.

I agree they are difficult times. The economics of Spain and its financial problems are nothing like the "general" problems of Greece though.

It is the part of the banking sector that was involved in property speculation that has a refinancing problem, it is not even "all banks".

Bankia was a fusion of several small "cajas" or saving societies (not banks as regularly incorrectly reported), They should have more strongly regulated to begin with.

The heads of some of the financial institutions and the various directors are being investigated by the National court with the overseeing of the Guardia Civil. They are looking for heads to cut.

They should take the loans from the European funds, it is crazy to pay 6% for example when they could be paying half that. It is only misplaced pride that stops them doing so.

Has this had any effect on the property market in Spain at all Dave?

The next year or two might be a good time to buy a property in Spain if you can hang on to it long term ;)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Has this had any effect on the property market in Spain at all Dave?

Sure has, there are some real bargains around if you have the money.

Official figures show an average drop of around 30% since the highest point of March 2007, although you will always find someone who "Has" to sell, and for cheaper still.

the credit tap is closed by most banks, although they are doing "packages" of property, loan and conveyancing at good prices.

Normally these packages are limited to 1 or 2 bed new apartments though.

There are large numbers of Norwegians buying in my area, also large increases in British buying in Mallorca, not retired people, but rather late 30´s to 40´s starting businesses .....I have a report on another computer (2000 odd km away!) showing a 75% increase in these people coming to the island over the last 12 months. :) :)

It would take me a while to get a French passport, but the ID card would be more or less a formality. It takes about 3 months.

It is the Nationality that you need, card or passport will do. :D :D

“Vescere bracis meis”