All England Club

Andrew

Gave it his best, at least we Britons love a loser. :rolleyes:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder why they call sportfishing its name :rolleyes:
I don't know, explain it to me.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I don't know, explain it to me.

Sportsman has already explaned that: "Hunting, shooting and fishing are sports, all those others things are games."

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

The clue is in the name :thumbs:
Recreational fishing might be a better name ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

All,

"Sportfishing" distinguishes it from "fishing" (a commercial endevor). It should be called "angling" defined as fishing for sport (quite awkward). It's just that through the years when "sportsmen" go angling it has become "fishing". Thus the need to call it incorrectly "sportfishing". No one fishes for sport. You fish for the pot or profit. You angle for sport.

Phone

All,

"Sportfishing" distinguishes it from "fishing" (a commercial endevor). It should be called "angling" defined as fishing for sport (quite awkward). It's just that through the years when "sportsmen" go angling it has become "fishing". Thus the need to call it incorrectly "sportfishing". No one fishes for sport. You fish for the pot or profit. You angle for sport.

Phone

You are of course correct Phone, it's just that the word "angling" does not trip easily over my Celtic tongue. I always say "I'm going fishing" and it is something I do for recreation, for fun, to pass the time on a warm sunny afternoon. Edited by corydoras

Back on topic.

Murray has insisted that he WILL gain some silverware, good luck to the lad.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Back on topic.

I'm sure that we all wish him the very best for the future. Edited by corydoras

Back on topic.

I'll offer him the loan of a crowbar, he can supply his own sack. ^_^