The monthly topic

my batteries are on charge and am going shopping with the wife in town tommorow, think i may sit in the car when she goes to the cash point and try and get a few good shots of the workers in the scrap yard across the road either that or the commuters coming off the train at 5pm ;)

Just out of curiosity do we post them here????

Yes, post them here.

Just to clear up a point..... only one entry to go forward so take your shots and before the last day of the month select and post what you think is the best shot :)

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll kick in my photo with a tiny bit of explanation. The shot is of a young lady celebrating her 1st birthday. There is a local custom of giving the youngster a "smash cake" - smallish and designed to let them have their fun with the cake, hence the name. The tyke is the 2nd youngest of my partner Bobbi's 11 great grandchildren.

smash-cake-1.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 3 weeks later...

Black and white seems to be the new colour, so here's my offering, just the first pic is my entry, but I've added a couple more for interest only.

IMG_9725Candid_zps37e9cc1c.jpg

IMG_9713-c-r-f.jpg

IMG_9656-r-f.jpg