Iphone 5

Phone

On the other hand, the much vaunted map feature is pathetic....

Leamington Spa is listed as 'Royal Spa' and is located where Daventry is.

Shakespeare's birthplace is wrongly located, and according to the map, Woolworth still have a store open.

How clever. Another triumph of hype over content.

My Samsung GS II has a panoramic photo feature...been using it for over a year...and the turn by turn Google maps satnav is excellent...iphone, schmiphone!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shakespeare's birthplace is wrongly located, and according to the map, Woolworth still have a store open.

that was actually on the news this morning regarding the maps putting towns and cities in places that had no business being there :D.

i reckon the errors are on purpose as i bet there will be no fix for later models of iphone and the only option is to upgrade to the next one due out when ever.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Ahh, to the naysayers:

Technophobes - please read in "PAST TENSE":

""""In fact, plenty of third-party iOS apps offer features you won’t find in the Maps app built into iPhones and iPads. Even more damaging for Apple: The Maps app built into Android has offered turn-by-turn navigation for quite some time, but Apple never implemented the feature — despite the fact that it’s always used Google Maps for its back-end.""""

The new era (are you behind the times?)

""""Apple will [has now] drop the Google Maps program running on iOS since 2007."""" More propritary stuff on the way.

In fact, plenty of third-party iOS apps offer features you won’t find in the Maps app built into iPhones and iPads. Even more damaging for Apple: The Maps app built into Android has offered turn-by-turn navigation for quite some time, but Apple never implemented the feature — despite the fact that it’s always used Google Maps for its back-end.

Sometimes I think it is better to be an informed consumer than a working "expert". What an enormously evolving field this must be.

Phone

(BTW, appearently "different" maps are used here and there for England? My daughter's new Apple GPS maps don't contain the above mentioned errors? I just looked. That is to say I had her look - I'm not smart enough.)

Maps will get sorted...that's just software! The hardware is sweet as pie! Sexy as cheese! It beautiful!

Long black and sleek! Like a stealth phone :)

Shame Vodafone can't be arsed to activate my new sim card! Lol!

Yeah!!

And, they have the prettiest girls in my local service center.

Phone

iCandy ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

iCandy ;)

ROFLMAO,! :lol:

Been using y new phone all day and have to report it's significantly better than my iPhone 4.... Didn't save the 4s so dunno if the jump would be as noticeable...but wifi speed seems better, overall responsiveness is improved, nice amount of extra screen real estate, great new camera improvements and its lighter! All in all a very worthy upgrade!

Edited by kirisute