Political opinions - US Presidential Race in November

Newt

If you were voting in this US Presidential election  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for

• Barack Obama
    • Mitt Romney

Oh dear, wayyyyyyyyyyy e3868.gif

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get one thing straight, the game is called football in every country where it is respected and valued (like the uk)around the world. The official change in moniker in Australia for example was considered a significant moment in that country's history of sport , because names and terms denote respect and have the power to overcome prejudice.

Language shapes reality the growth of football has brought people from all corners of the earth together with the love of football in their heart, the acceptance of the game exactly follows the acceptance of multiculturalism.

These values are equality, tolerance, mateship and looking out for one another, community and family these are all core values of football, the game that perfectly fits with what multiculturism and tolerance aught to be in this century.

They are not, however, the values of soccer, not in this country, a term with all the connotations of the "Birds, Wogs and Poofters" So for anyone to argue that a term is merely a term, nothing more, misses the point entirely.

Piffle.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

God, i love that word Cory, PIFFLE, you sound just like me dear passed dad, he often used that word to express his disgust at something.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I like Emma, but that's just making it up as you go along. In France its called footing or just foot. I have now resolved to call it soccer at every available opportunity.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

There is no such sport as soccer.all countries have football associations teams play in football leagues and teams are football teams.(fifa)federation of international FOOTBALL associations.fA cup FOOTBALL association cup

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

There is no such sport as soccer.all countries have football associations teams play in football leagues and teams are football teams.(fifa)federation of international FOOTBALL associations.fA cup FOOTBALL association cup
Go look in a dictionary Emma.

The managing body of soccer is FIFA. Fédération Internationale de Football Association; in English, International Federation of Association Football.

Just because you don't like it don't mean it is not so.

Go look in a dictionary Emma.

The managing body of soccer is FIFA. Fédération Internationale de Football Association; in English, International Federation of Association Football.

Just because you don't like it don't mean it is not so.

and jus' because you don't like football, you can't change its name...I don't like motor car racing but I don't call it by some unhelpful name...

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Your both wrong, FFS its called footy

“Vescere bracis meis”

and jus' because you don't like football, you can't change its name...I don't like motor car racing but I don't call it by some unhelpful name...

I'm not changing anything. The name given to the game by its international governing body is good enough for me.

I like Emma,

I like you too, it's jus a bit o' fun :)