Any loose change anyone.....

Tigger

Totally with Alan on this one. Don't see it at all.

Edit

I just showed the ebay advert to my wife (to show her what a cheapskate I am)

She knows nothing about fishing tackle but her first comment was

"Does it do anything better than a cheap one?"

Well? Does it?

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally with Alan on this one. Don't see it at all.

Edit

I just showed the ebay advert to my wife (to show her what a cheapskate I am)

She knows nothing about fishing tackle but her first comment was

Well? Does it?

I know there are reels that perform as well as these high priced ones but it is nice to use and own such a lovely looking well made reel.

The reel will be so expensive because it's one of only a few in existence and the people who desire one far out number the reels.

IMO it's a nice feeling to go fishing with quality tackle now and again, somehow it makes the fishing more enjoyable...for me anyhow.

In a way it's like clothing...you have your everyday attire but then you have your Sunday best for those special occassions or for when you feel the need for them :) .

I know there are reels that perform as well as these high priced ones but it is nice to use and own such a lovely looking well made reel.

The reel will be so expensive because it's one of only a few in existence and the people who desire one far out number the reels.

IMO it's a nice feeling to go fishing with quality tackle now and again, somehow it makes the fishing more enjoyable...for me anyhow.

In a way it's like clothing...you have your everyday attire but then you have your Sunday best for those special occassions or for when you feel the need for them :) .

I hear what you're saying Tigger, but there is a difference between scratching your ar5e and ripping it to shreds :P

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Well? Does it?

Yes.....it'll provide a return on your investment. One of these was up for £500 at the last Redditch tackle fair I went to and I suspect this particular reel will fetch more than Tigger bought his Avon Elite for, Chris Lythe's reels always return a profit. So you get to use the best there is and then if/when you want to sell it on you make some cash, what's not to like about that?

We have this conversation every time a high end reel comes on the market, 'pinheads know that cheaper ones do exactly the same job but it's our self indulgence. In the same way some people buy expensive cars which do no more than lower cost alternatives.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Dont get me wrong they are nice to look at but to buy one is a different story. Thats why Ian was buying me it for crimbo....when he finally wins the lottery :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm with what Alan says, I cannot see the fascination in paying vast amounts of money for a reel to be sat in a glass case & when it is used its used with kids gloves. Give me a pin which gets dirty and wet every time I use it and still catches me fish at a fraction of that price :D :D

A Scotsman in Yorkshire...http://traditionalfloats.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm with what Alan says, I cannot see the fascination in paying vast amounts of money for a reel to be sat in a glass case & when it is used its used with kids gloves.

Well this Witcher Aerial doesn’t spend any time in a glass case, it’s always strapped to a rod and has taken its fair share of dunkings. They’re only a waste of money if you don’t used them;

IMG_5222.jpg

IMG_5229.jpg

DSCN0186.jpg

DSCN0707.jpg

DSCN0632.jpg

It's never a 'six', let's put it back