George Bests' Liver

Little Tinca

Lid:

So Jeepster please do not think I am  criticizing your father, or anyone else's friends or relatives who may be unfortunate enough to suffer from this problem.

I am also happy to be corrected if there are some other medical factors involved that cause some people to be much more likely to become alcoholics than others.

dont worry, no offense taken lid, its a very tricky subject. i'm not aware of any medical factors that influence addictions, i think its a personality thing. people have different ways of reacting to and dealing with problems. i'm sure when best was offered the liver he truly thought that he had conquered his problems and could live a booze free life, unfortunately this is obviously not the case. this doesnt mean he warrants the attention he's going to get for this though, it'll surely only make things worse.

oh, and yoxer, whilst its good to see you back, criticizing others peoples typos is not really worth the bother, its a bit childish. maybe it would be better if you did show some restraint.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoxter

Touche on my grammatical errors,I was indeed quite angry when I wrote the piece. Angry for my dead friend. So please no more silly stuff on which for me is a very emotive subject.

Lid

Alcoholism is now I believe classed as a disease,

I honestly don't understand why or what the difference between an alcoholic and somebody addicted to drugs is. I do know however that one of my uncles became an alcoholic whilst he was in the navy got well into the grog. He could not get out of bed until he had a drop of rum. He did manage to become a recovering alcoholic and did not touch a drop until old age got him. He used to say he was always one drink away from starting again.

He started by the way on the naval tradition of drinking his grog ration from the rum barrel and got to like it a bit to much.

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

Little Tinca:

I honestly don't understand why or what the difference between an alcoholic and somebody addicted to drugs is.  

theres is absolutely no difference, alcohol is a drug, therefore alcoholics are drug addicts, just the same as heroin addicts, different drug thats all.

oh, and yoxer, whilst its good to see you back, criticizing others peoples typos is not really worth the bother, its a bit childish. maybe it would be better if you did show some restraint.

I couldnt agree more and only did so to highlight the pathetic hypocriscy of which we are all equaly guilty. The same applies to the quote below

"What Best has done is unforgivable, you can't condone it!"

Yoxer, go do some fishing mate. You seem to be taking this life much too seriously.

Paul

because this is being played out in the public domain (trial on monday) maybe just maybe he will see the light . but i personally believe he will use this as yet another excuse to carry on drinking ; alchohol is his crutch ; his escape . as he continues to burn bridges his life is just spiralling downwards .he is going to die a very lonely man

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

george best is the only one who can help himself .he has to reach rock bottom people who love him can only look on . his destiny is in his own hands .

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

George Best had the world at his feet (literally) as a young footballer.

He made his bed and now he is lying in it.

A talent wasted some may say. I remember my father saying he was a disgrace, the drink did him no favours.

His antics remind me a bit of Ollie Reed who in his later years became a bit of a joke. I think Best is well on his way to becoming the same.

He gets no sympathy from me, sad old p***head.