Went Chubbing today

JV44

For a change i limited myself to one rod a seat and a bucket of bait along with a net and mat ,walked the length first depositing some Cheese paste and liquidised bread balls into the lightly looking spots of which there were many then came back and worked my way down .

Missed the first couple of taps touch ledgering and being to eager rread adrenalin dump and super strike into thin air ,The bites were a bit tentative the other day several taps before the pull round so i decided to watch the tip and wait for the proper pull.....

I caught one small one lost one to a hook pull steering it away from the snags and one found tree roots in the margin that did the hooklength both of which felt good fish but hey ho .

Only gave each swim 10 mins or so as i wanted to get a feel for the fishery so the bites i had came quickly once cast out ,had a great time and nearly cooked with layers on and then finding it realy was not that cold...the peacock handwarmers were deffo overkill .

Anyways how Chubby does it look

Untitled.jpg

Thamesinwinter2013015.jpg

• Like 1

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Not cold???!!! It was in my neck of the woods.

Well done for getting out Steve and good to see that your suspicions were correct. My weekend's free so if you fancy another bash with a pre-baiting ghillie let me know, I'll start drying out the bread. I can't fish because I'm not a member of that club but I'd be more than happy to keep an eye on your second rod :hypocrite:

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

JV44 Looks really good but you really need to get some rod rests tops, as the way you have your rods in the first picture you are just asking to get damaged line. The line can get bruised or nipped between the edge of the rest and the rod blank causing a weak spot , and you can guarantee it will break when you have the biggest fish on.

If you only fish one rod then forget the spreader bar and use one of these.

www.tackleuk.co.uk/rod-rests-c-27_37.html

or one of these

http://www.foxint.com/catalogues-products.php?section=30&product=1798&catalogue=3

or one of these

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/400352754621?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.
IT ONLY WORKS PROPERLY WHEN IT IS OPEN.

JV44 Looks really good but you really need to get some rod rests tops, as the way you have your rods in the first picture you are just asking to get damaged line. The line can get bruised or nipped between the edge of the rest and the rod blank causing a weak spot , and you can guarantee it will break when you have the biggest fish on.

If you only fish one rod then forget the spreader bar and use one of these.

www.tackleuk.co.uk/rod-rests-c-27_37.html

or one of these

http://www.foxint.com/catalogues-products.php?section=30&product=1798&catalogue=3

or one of these

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/400352754621?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0

Or even one of these Steve. :Dpost-8097-0-72749500-1358455563_thumb.jpg

John,

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Or even one of these Steve. :Dattachicon.gifforkstick.jpg

John,

John used them a lot as a kid.....Caty elastic and pouch with some round stones or marbles nothing was safe :hypocrite:

Tinca Steve take your point i normally have a feeder rest but grabbed the rest i had used Piking with alarms the other day in the rush this morning .

Never saw anyone all the time i was fishing there magic .Hope there is not to much Snow want another go at the weekend Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: