How automated are your Service Stations

Newt

Quote from Townlad:

NB, we can no longer sell fresh produce (fruit & veg etc in lbs and ozs either because Europe told us not to as well. I'm surprised we've held onto sterling (£) for so long, most European currency is now the Mickey Mouse Euro

Its ok if you're Macdonalds or Pizza Hut. They can still sell 'Quarter-pounders' or '9 inch pizzas'. One rule for them, another for everyone else....

Terry

Terry

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember reading an article by an American economist travelling in the far east who was surprised, when he pulled into a gas station, to be served by a young man, who not only filled his tank, but cleaned his windscreen and checked his oil and water.

Bein an economist, he wondered just how much all this extra service was costing him.

Then as he drove along, the thought occurred to him that although he was helping to pay the man's wages, back in the states there was probably another man who didn't have a job, living on welfare or from crime.

The cost of keeping that man was the same, whether paid for in the cost of the gas, or through taxes.

Except here there was a man with the dignity of a job to do, with a work ethic and perhaps on the ladder to a better future, whereas back home there was a man on benefits with a chip on his shoulder, and no future.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

My old folk live on the I.O.W they still have quite a few petrol stations where they fill your tank.

Iam sure it would stop people driving off without paying, also save them the cost of having so many camera's .

just one more cast then I'am off home

ridgeacre:

... There was a story in some paper this week were a lad was killed when a tractor tyre exploded.In wales I beleive

The old split rim design on truck and some tractor tires could be deadly. Not sure about the UK but in the US all the shops that deal with them have a strong steel cage designed to contain pices if the tire blows.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

round our way you have to pay before you pump(for petrol that is)

If you are paying by card you have to wait for a free pump, go in give them your card(which the credit card company's say you should never do), fill up, go back in que with other people doing the same thing pay for your fuel then you can go on your way.

Whats really anoying is when they get mixed up and put someone elses fuel on your card then try and give somone else your card :( :mad:

On a busy day the whole thing can take upto 15 mins

Regards Paul Mc

Aye Paul. When we were set up like that, I always paid in cash.

But I do really like the pumps with the card reader built in. Drive up. Card in and quickly back out. Authorized. Pump as much as you want then quit and leave.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

our local is an attended service and at 92.5p a litre i would like him to polish the car as well :mad:

they complain they dont sell much petrol at that price you can see why :mad:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson