Favourite cars

Hi chesters i dont just like speed is just the sort of cars i wish i had!

But for practicality it would be a Mercedes Benz C180 my dads got one good smooth derive looks smart big boot 40mpg if you drive slow my dad used to own an AUDI 2.6 V6 and i loved it it blew away some subarus when they reached there limiters at 135 ish ohh eerrr! the problem was it wheelspan all the time and drank gas! like pop! the merc will keep going as well probably 200,000 miles with 80,000 on the clock now

I also like some italian cars old ones such as Alfa Sud's

Alfa romeo giulias

Lancia Mote carlos

Lancia Beta HPE

lancia Fulvia

I bet you've never erd of some of these av ya mate!

Cheers

James

BEEEEP BEEP BEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks point proved :D

whoops posted without finishing (grandkids) refering to the limiters ,a phone call and a nice man with a laptop will remove them (brotherinlaw had them removed in his subaru) but dont tell the insurance people or crash it

[ 07. August 2002, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

i see the "lads" are still on the horse power "high" seems a little pointless when our fastest motorways only allow 70 mph (well within even the humblest cars capacity) or is it that you can get away from the lights first :P pity that cyclist in the tyre smoke :D doesnt he fall back fast ,what with the inflated insurance ,cost of new tyres and service costs is it worth it just to "look good" is it a tribal thing or run to the rest of their shallow lives as well :confused: and ofcourse the roofrack for the rods looks ridiculous :D

For me, it's a combination of safety and speed.

Does your moped have 4 wheel drive for those moments when one or more wheels hits ice or, more likely, oil or diesel dumped by some unserviced old banger?

Does it have Active Yaw Control to transfer the torque between the wheels when cornering?

Does it have twin airbags?

Strut braces to keep things straight if you do have to corner hard?

Disks all round? And I mean performance brakes - pads for mine start at around 90 quid a pair for decent ones.

ABS?

Safe acceleration, something that is crucial to someone like me who lives in the country? You might get to 70mph, but it's a sudden stop if it takes you that long to get there and there's a truck coming round the corner.

Decent tyres, or those nice cheap Happy Shopper ones that Uncle Fred's down the road sells? the ones that cause a car to slide unnecessarily and wipe out whole families?

Air conditioning? I never get irate when I'm stuck in traffic on a hot day.

Don't bother answering - for the majority of cars, the answer is no.

Performance cars are in a world of their own. Considering the fact that the people who own them generally have invested a lot of time and money in them, I'd consider them a lot safer than most 'family' saloons.

Mondeo or Evo? I know which one I'd rather be in if there was an potential accident.

Elton

[ 07. August 2002, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: Elton ]

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

but where do you put your rod holdal or does it strap to the little wing thing on the back :confused: :D

as for 4 wheel drive i dont need it ,i can get to work (yes i still remember it :( ) i just put my feet on the ground and ski ,been through snow and ice ,NEVER had a day off through bad weather ,can your cars climb trees ,i got to work ontime (did leave a bit early though) in "the great storm" i could get where no other cars could .

as for airconditioning i dont need it whilst your in a trffick jam using it look to the right or left little mopeds are passing you with natural aircon :D

want speed and exileration and be first away at the light get a fireblade or ninja (or the latest more fashionable brute) the exileration as you go under the back of a lorry is life stopping :D

[ 07. August 2002, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Rods? I can't put anything that dirty near my car :P

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

chesters1:

want speed and exileration and be first away at the light get a fireblade or ninja (or the latest more fashionable brute)

What is the 0-60 on one of these, btw? I'm currently at a smidge over 4 seconds (with four wheels and a shell around me) - need something to aim for

ttfn,

Elton

Chesters,

Yours missing the point mate, but i doubt you will ever see it, its like when people say too you, you go fishing? why? you tell them but they will never understand, its not about looking good, its sbout feeling good, you enjoy the car, it puts a grin on your face! it makes you happy, call me sad but, i dont mind, therse plenty of people who think me and you and everyone on this site is sad for fishing! each to their own!

""As far as performance goes, it is as quick and as fast as I can cope with, and easily out handles me. If you gun it away from the lights, it will lift the front wheel from as little as 5000rpm. When it hits 8000rpm, not even a block of concrete on the front wheel will hold it down. Finally, 3.5 secs later, your doing 70mph (still in first) and in ban territory. But don't stop there - no, keep going till it maxes out at over 170mph (my personal best is 155mph).""

dont forget ofcourse that lorry is vacant ,not for me though i love speed thats why (to save money in fines) i stick to my 90

:D

james barbeltench:

Lancia Beta HPE

Not for me mate, I prefer a car that doesn't drop the engine on the road

Do you remember the Fiat Rustika? Close.... so close....

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

]What is the 0-60 on one of these, btw? I'm currently at a smidge over 4 seconds (with four wheels and a shell around me) - need something to aim for

ttfn,

Elton[/QB]

Its hard to tell on a bike it depends on the rider i.e weight position etc but if you look at this it may give you some idea http://www.syclone.freeserve.co.uk/rivals.htm

not sure how accurate it is but it gives you a rough idea

Regards Paul Mc