Blogs or the Forum?

Rusty

Bloggers and blog readers, where do you prefer to post and/or read your entries?

From a bloggers point of view I prefer to post entries in a place where they're all kept together and easy to find, it's my angling diary and searching the forum to collate it all would be a bit of a pain. It doesn't really matter, I'm just interested as to why some folk prefer to post up their entries on the forum.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Likewise keeps it all together - and if people want to read it they have to look for it. Pre-blog days I once kept a thread going all season - see: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/1653-a-view-from-the-waters-edge/page-1?hl=kennet

Not to everyone's liking though - see post#81!

Will post up the occasional trip on the main forum - especially when we had a couple of cracking autumn perching threads a few years back - but mainly I prefer the blogs - and as the majority of bloggers are still Kenneters its great to read what else is happening locally!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

It doesn't really matter, I'm just interested as to why some folk prefer to post up their entries on the forum.

I honestly think some people don't know we have a blog section.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I now prefer to put posts in my blog to keep them together as you say. I used to put them on the forum too but now I just make a mention every now and then that I have posted a new blog entry. More to make people aware that there are actually blogs than anything else.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Speaking as one of those who have been accused of 'spoiling' threads about fishing sessions by going 'off topic', or trying to inject a bit of humour. I personally like to read the Blog pages, They are all together and I can follow the anglers progress session by session. I rarely comment on blogs, but I do read them.

I'm reluctant to post on 'session threads' in case I say the 'wrong' thing, and someone takes the 'hump', and decides to not post any more.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Speaking as one of those who have been accused of 'spoiling' threads about fishing sessions by going 'off topic', or trying to inject a bit of humour. I personally like to read the Blog pages, They are all together and I can follow the anglers progress session by session. I rarely comment on blogs, but I do read them.

I'm reluctant to post on 'session threads' in case I say the 'wrong' thing, and someone takes the 'hump', and decides to not post any more.

John.

Can't believe you just said that, John. I'm leaving.....

:D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Can't believe you just said that, John. I'm leaving.....

:D

Go on then, see if you're missed, the forum will carry on as normal........oh hang on........no it won't.

Sorry Boss won't do it again. :shutup::notworthy:

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I don't mind either way really, I don't write a blog as it see it as a diary, detailing each and every session. I'm not really interested in writing one of those, although I do enjoy reading other people's. If I've had a notable or interesting session (or series of sessions, sometimes) I usually do a post on the main forum. The catch reports and descriptions of days fishing are what first attacted me to the forum (especially as AN has always had a number of all-rounders), so I do like seeing them on the main forum, especially if they then generate an interesting topic. Without them the forum feels rather bare to me, and soon slides into politics and 'I'm going to this pond, what's the best peg' type questions.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Hi Elton,

I've just joined the Forum and would like to post a few blogs of my own, but even my computor wizard son can't figure out how to get one on. Help please. You've got some really eloquent bloggers on here and I'd like to join them.