RNLI survey

barry luxton

just filled in a questionaire sent to me from the rnli to assist them in their valuable work. takes a few minutes to fill in.

http://www.rnli.substance.coop/

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Done!

Barry,

Is someone who's fishing from the beach called a "sea angler"?

Phone

As long as it's the beach at the seaside Phone....and he's fishing in the sea...

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

unfortunatly there are concerns across the net that the information being given freely to help the RNLI will also be used by the angling trust in their political endeavors, questions are being asked to the RNLI guys who are asking for the information that this is not the case.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

RNLI have responded:

We would just like to reassure everyone that the data is being not being collected for any organisation but the RNLI.

In the last 5 years we have responded to 5378 anglers in trouble. Even
with all of that effort an average of 18 sea anglers still die every
year. We think that is 18 too many and we want to understand when, where
and why anglers are loosing their lives simply by trying to enjoy their
sport. Once we understand the problems we intend to come up with
comprehensive solutions.

But we can't do this alone. Because we understand lifeboats better than
we understand angling we have talked to several organisations asking
them to provide specific information to help us understand angling or to
promote the survey as angling organisations have better communication
with and knowledge of anglers than we do.

We have included links to groups and organisations that have agreed to
promote the research or have tried to help us with our mission of saving
lives by helping us understand angling and anglers better. We will be
sharing the aggregated information with them, but not individuals'
responses.

If you choose to provide information to the RNLI through the on line
survey or our face to face researchers you have the option to provide
personal contact details. If you chose to do so, this information is
used only to enter your name into a draw for two nights' accommodation,
with dinner, at the RNLI College (ranked by Trip Advisor as the number
one hotel in Poole) as a small thank your for taking the time to
complete the questionnaire.

We are also carrying out this questionnaire on a face to face basis.
Thank you to all those who have already agreed to meet up with one of
our volunteers - if anyone else woud like help us with the face to face
questionnaire, the details are on this thread: Could you help the RNLI with a Sea Angler survey please

The RNLI's Top Tips for safe trips: IT'S WET

Inform others where you're going
Training - knowledge your activity is essential
SOS device - carry a means of calling for help

Wear a lifejacket - a life statement, not a fashion one - wear it!
Engine and fuel check - have you sufficient fuel and spares?
Tides and weather - check the conditions before heading out

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

unfortunatly there are more questions. The trust enjoys no more than 1% of the angling fraternity yet claims all. In addition the likes of the trust are expert in deletion and sanitation of those anglers who do not share their veiws or values of politicising the hobby. And the question remains as the RNLI confirms that it will be sharing the information with these orginisations, so there are anglers who will not participate because of the trust as opposed to due to the angling trust.

Barry, I responded because of the importance of the RNLI, rather than any worries about what the Truss might do...I'm more than happy to give the RNLI my thoughts...and my money, just a shame the Govt. doesn't feel inclined to support them fully!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Barry, I responded because of the importance of the RNLI, rather than any worries about what the Truss might do...I'm more than happy to give the RNLI my thoughts...and my money, just a shame the Govt. doesn't feel inclined to support them fully!

IIRC, the RNLI do not want the Gov to support them if it means being shackled by regulations and H&S restrictions.

Done the survey, I too am not worried about what the AT might do with the info.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

IIRC, the RNLI do not want the Gov to support them if it means being shackled by regulations and H&S restrictions.

Makes sense I suppose....unfortunately!