Another chub blank

Anderoo

A proper go with bread next, and I expect to catch. If I do, the rest of this base mix and flavours will be going in the bin, and I'll be out shopping for giant feeders.

I'd save the wastage and make the whole lot up and fill it in, nothing to lose. Draw everything up the river. It might pay to tip it in the day before or a couple of days before if you've got a load of it. If the mix has a lot of oils in it it may not be giving off as much flavour as you think in the cold water.

Bunked off whilst waiting for filler to dry and had 3 hours after old rubber lips using paste ....first off forgot to put holes in end of pva bags and the strips that attached them to the swivel melted quicker than the bag resulting in first bag floating off down the river doh!! slowed myself down walked length baiting with balls of paste and came back fishing the spots in rotation not a touch despite conditions looking good got to last swim cast out stuck rod on rest turned round to grab chair rod hooped over as i did so the sprang back flat i struck missed.....The first few swims i was johny on the spot alert as soon as the bait hit the water awaiting a tug but as one swim after another was barren stopped being so alert and well there you go still nice to be out .

Think i will revert to bread as certain i would have had more bites on that

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Unlucky Steve, at least you had a bite! It'll be interesting to see how you get on with bread. I've got 4 loaves drying out ready for whenever I can get to the river. The commercial perching has been good fun this winter, but it's really good to be back on running water for the last couple of weeks. Still time for a chub yet :)

I've also realised another reason why I've struggled so much this winter. After losing a couple of big chub I just couldn't stop last season, I splashed out on the perfect big chub rod, a fairly rare discontinued and expensive barbel rod. Haven't had a bite since!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Anderoo you can`t catch Chub with a Barbel rod silly all the how to articles in the mags clearly state you need to use " sponsered anglers brand Chub rod" to catch Chub lol....

Sure that if we keep at it someone will get a big rubber lips before the end ,passed 2 anglers walking down to the river as i left complete with chair bait bucket and starlight tipped rods.....ever get the feeling the locals have the timing /light level thing sussed .

Rusty is waiting in the wings with the last week of the season off...a dark horse

Edited by JV44

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Rusty is waiting in the wings with the last week of the season off...a dark horse

With isotopes too, although I rarely get to fish much after 6:00pm, that's when the curry house opens :D

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I know Steve, I don't know what I was thinking!

I'll be fishing after dark too when I next fish, after baiting up just before dusk. The water is very clear, and I expect they're pretty spooky right now. I'm looking forward to going back to the shock-and-awe bread attack.

Good to know Rusty is planning an end of season assault...the question is, will the lure of a giant Thames chub be as strong as the lure of a lamb madras...?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I know Steve, I don't know what I was thinking!

I'll be fishing after dark too when I next fish, after baiting up just before dusk. The water is very clear, and I expect they're pretty spooky right now. I'm looking forward to going back to the shock-and-awe bread attack.

Good to know Rusty is planning an end of season assault...the question is, will the lure of a giant Thames chub be as strong as the lure of a lamb madras...?

I suspect the curry will win with a pint in the pub first ....just as well he will only put it back without weighing it .

What is the model of the Fox rod you have out of interest?

It's the Fox Kevlar barbel. Quite hard to get hold of now and as expensive as when they were new, but they have a very good reputation, and I really like it. (In fact, thanks to red wine and bravery, I now own two...!) It's got a kind of 'strong elastic' action to it. The 1.5lb tc quiver section seems just right for those big chub.

Not that I've caught one on it yet :rolleyes:

It's the Fox Kevlar barbel. Quite hard to get hold of now and as expensive as when they were new, but they have a very good reputation, and I really like it. (In fact, thanks to red wine and bravery, I now own two...!) It's got a kind of 'strong elastic' action to it. The 1.5lb tc quiver section seems just right for those big chub.

Not that I've caught one on it yet :rolleyes:

Well rare or not i shall keep my eys peeled for one as my beloved Grauvell has just imploded on the cast ...i made a flask fired up the hand warmers put on my one piece base layer suit that i use under my wet suit liquidised up 2 loaves walk to the spot cooking inmy layers a lob underarm to Rusty`s favoured spot and the top just broke 12" above the joint.....Said to rusty earlier today that i only intended to take 1 rod to spot me getting distracted by the Pike that are on the munch so screwed ....walked back to car cooking and just got back and can`t be arsed to go out again.....i did swear a bit

Local tackle shop is seeing if they can get another top....tbh if they dont or at least meet me halfway then that is the last of the bigger items i buy as 2 rods and a Technium reel at said shop all of which i could have got far cheaper off the net and now is the little guys chance to shine with the aftercare that you don`t get off the internet or so they keep shouting about

Edited by JV44

Sorry to hear about the rod Steve, I bet the most annoying thing was having to pack up and go home. I've often said you don't take enough gear with you. Hope the tackle shop helps you out, as you say it's stepping up to the plate time, it'd be a very short sighted view if they didn't.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back