Another chub blank

Anderoo

Sounds like it's very localised this year.

In the first swim I tried, I did see two decent fish roll over the mashed bread at dusk, so there were fish present. They weren't bream and they weren't big chub - they looked like either small chub or good roach. Perhaps I should go back with lighter gear and see if they were roach. That might be a better use of time than trying to scratch out a chub, in the circumstances...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I must confess, I have been tempted to break out the float rod and a couple of pints of maggots, but the intention was to target some specimens this winter, so I have been avoiding my favourite trotting swims and leaving the float rod at home.

I wonder if the floods have caused the crays to be thinner on the ground than usual, and that's why the fish are on the lean side.

I agree that the rolling fish at dusk are likely to be roach. That's typical behaviour on the Yorks rivers.

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John