Identity Cards

Ken L

Most definately agree. Carry a card. No card no dole, medical treatment, no nothing. If you have nothing to hide whats the problem? It should have a photo and your fingerprint on it. All these winging gits who prattle on about 'Civil Liberties' GET A BL**DY LIFE The Government already has enough information about you anyway so carrying a card will make no difference what so ever!!!! and stop snivelling about you 'rights' :mad:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Chesters, I don't agree about the forgeries. With G3 technology on the way, it's relativly simple to set up biometric checks that could only be forged with the greatest difficulty, eg: your right middle finger print encoded on the card and your index finger print held on a remote database - press both fingers on a pad and you have both local and remote authentication. This could be backed up with a secondary system such as CFR (Computerised Facial Recognition) to match the card with the person using it, with the right identity record.

BTW, I totally agree about the medical care, I see a lot of passports and other details like hospital records in my line of work and you'd be appalled at the number of people who are recieving extensive hospital care in this country when theie visa's quite clearly indicate that they're not entitled to it.,

[ 18 May 2002, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: Ken L ]

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Yep,ID card and DNA listing, we could almost be crime free in twenty years.

But that would make most of the legal profession redundent.....more problems!

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

g3 technology sounds very good but whose going to pay for its use ? to use the thumbprint EVERYBODY in the country will have to have their prints taken and stored on a central computer ,at present there is no communication country wide for ANY police computer and probably the nhs as well,what happens with the matching prints (everybody knows that fingerprints arn`t foolproof or individual) will the police have to carry equiptment around to use the cards ,g3 is a white elephant (except for the government who made 20 odd billion ) you can bet within months of ANY technology being introduced counter measures will be introduced .dna IS a way forward but a policeman talking to a "client" hasn`t the technology to tell if the "client" has the same dna as the person on the card ,does he lock the "client" up for a week so his blood can be tested? .when the technology is tried and tested to obtain "realtime" identification "realtime" countermeasures will make it useless.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

A national ID card, like a lock on a door, would only keep an honest man honest. Odds are, a fool-proof ID card would be obsolete technology BEFORE it was issued due to the rapid change in technology.

Don't believe that? Has anyone bought a new computer even though you knew the next generation was already in the works? :confused:

So, harass the many for the crimes of the few?

As an American, I think you Brits should go for a national ID first, and we can watch and see the results. Will it be :D or will it be :mad: for you?

Dave

ID cards, a good idea, as pointed out easily forged, are PASSPORTS NOT EASILY FORGED??????.

as with any document,i for one do not that my civil libety's are being violated.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

you have no civil liberties ,this country has a very tough legal system (despite the excuses from the police) you saw that last year at the mayday "protests" there are laws that effect everything you do and the plea of "i didnt know" is no defence ,how do you find out what is ilegal i hear you cry ,well you cant download a copy of the law covering everything ilegal ,thats why lawers etc are so expensive ,you dont know whats ilegal untill your in the cop shop ,i was procecuted under a 19th century law as a rouge and vagabond ,my heniouse crime was staggering round a field in a drunken state (i thought it was better than driving home) i was charged with "entering a enclosed area with intent to steal" exactly what i was trying to steal was never explained (it was a fenced field of grass ) but it was something to do with the amount of money in my pockets ,maybe a friendly A N solicitor could enlighten me

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I have a vision: Where English is the common language, and English Common Law is the norm, there'll be someone in the shadows ready to pop out and shout, "Show me your papers"!

Hummmm...Like I said, why don't you Brits try this first, since a lot of you posting here want it, and we Yanks can see how its done. Of course, I'm only one of three of the Yanks, and the other two seem to want to go along to get along. Nein?

Dave

We who drive a motor vehicle know that if stopped by the boy,s in blue, they have a simple task to perform in order to find out if you are the registered keeper of that vehicle. They then know who you are, where you live and with a simple look at your driving licence, how old you are. So perhaps it might be a good idea to have a number plate hung around ones neck so they can check without you even knowing

Bring on I.D.cards I reckon.